FX EF INQUIRY (Jordan Chiles Stripped Of Bronze Medal/USAG launches appeal)

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have no knowledge of your personal situation, but I would also get shitfaced if I had 7 children.

Part of why they have 7 children is because they're both drunk dumbasses who can't figure out birth control. They have no one to blame but themselves. They're not Mormon (that's my other brother!) or Catholic (although I'm an recovering one) or belong to any other group that encourages large families. They're both just......stupid, self absorbed narcissists. I feel bad for their kids.

Anyways, so gymnastics then decided to be equally messy and I really just need some no-drama days, stat!

I have a question. Regarding the 2004 men’s AA case, I remember fans arguing that even if Yang’s parallel bars routine should have started out of a 10, he could have had an additional tenth deduction for having one too many pauses in handstand position. Is this a fever dream I had? It’s been 20 years.
You are correct. Tim Daggett commented on this, on air.

And I seem to remember Denn mentioning an issue with Yang's HB start value being too high?

I have a question. Regarding the 2004 men’s AA case, I remember fans arguing that even if Yang’s parallel bars routine should have started out of a 10, he could have had an additional tenth deduction for having one too many pauses in handstand position. Is this a fever dream I had? It’s been 20 years.
I think that was NBC’s storyline they were pushing

I would assume they will give the process a bit of time to play out before doing that. Did the Romanians share the video from the first proceedings?
I always say your legal strategy and your PR strategy have to blend. If the U.S. thinks the video evidence is strong, and I were advising them, I would recommend releasing it.

nope, that was the case. People were arguing if you have to go over Hamm's with a fine toothed comb to find additional deductions, you have to do the same for Yang.

You are correct. Tim Daggett commented on this, on air.

And I seem to remember Denn mentioning an issue with Yang's HB start value being too high?
Thank you for your responses. It’s nice to be able to rely on collective memory.

I think if the USA doesn’t see some sort of favorable response in the next 24 hours, at least indicating it will be review , we will see the video.
I presume they don't want to overshadow/ compete with the Closing Ceremony (recap), which is the right move. But tomorrow morning, I hope they release it.

Didn’t Nadia say that a judge told her that they have photographic evidence of Sabrina stepping OOB, but wouldn’t show it to her? That’s what I want to see. I want to conclusively get to the bottom of that even if it won’t change anything.

There were two unfortunate errors in that floor final on the official's side:

Accepting an inquiry 4 seconds late. Which, one could argue - followed the principle of being for the gymnast and not against the gymnast.

The change of D by the superior jury for Chiles could be argued to be wrong (the videos we have show she is clearly a lot more than 30° short) but the jury's view and their video might have given them a less clear view and they might have felt that there had been some leniency before and wanted to continue with that.

BUT the real mistake was Voinea's coach not inquiring the ND. It's the coach's job to know about their rights and their options. The possibility to inquire is there because mistakes happen. They should have known. This is not a state championship with young coaches. It's the most important competition for any coach and their gymnast. I hate that fans (and yes, most of you are fans and not at all familiar with the ongoings in high level gymnastics) continue to argue that anyone but Camelia Voinea is at fault for the wrong ND. It's her f****** job to know the rules which, btw, are not in some secret place only accessible after sacrificing your firstborn. They can be accessed by anyone anytime and there is just no excuse.
Perhaps if Mama Voinea were a fully integrated coach and not just obsessively coaching her own kid to the detriment of everyone else, she might have known the rules?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back