FX EF INQUIRY (Jordan Chiles Stripped Of Bronze Medal/USAG launches appeal)

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Status
Not open for further replies.
And if everything is reviewed, shouldn’t that include NDs?
Basically, in the technical regulations, initially it didn't say anything but it was inferred that this would be the case ("the coach has a right to have NDs reviewed" sort of formulation). Then there was a helpdesk in 2023 where it said you should file an inquiry before the end of the rotation. The poor little souls probably thought there would be no such mistakes in an EF final, apparently.

I've been trying to find that helpdesk for about an hour now. It's difficult though, what with the popcorn I'm having enjoying MC's troll display with the oob.

Basically, in the technical regulations, initially it didn't say anything but it was inferred that this would be the case ("the coach has a right to have NDs reviewed" sort of formulation). Then there was a helpdesk in 2023 where it said you should file an inquiry before the end of the rotation. The poor little souls probably thought there would be no such mistakes in an EF final, apparently.

I've been trying to find that helpdesk for about an hour now. It's difficult though, what with the popcorn I'm having enjoying MC's troll display with the oob.
I’m not trolling. @irichluck21 agrees with me

Well, the FIG seems to have problems tracking time. In BB EF, Zhou Yaqin and Julia Soares both dismounted after the overtime bell went off and neither were deducted (I timed both at 1:31). This should have switched silver and bronze with Esposito ahead of Zhou.

btw found the helpdesk
Captura de pantalla 2024-08-11 a las 23.00.52.png

I can only imagine that all federations will be doing a powerpoint presentation to all their accredited coaches on the rules for inquiries in response to this lol.

it wouldn’t hurt if all coaches actually knew the code / how to judge, too.

Or even teach their gymnasts how to do it. I bet Sanne wouldn’t let 10 seconds go by. Let alone a whole minute!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back