DTB Pokal 2023

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Ideally both the tumble and the execution of it will remain unchanged, then when she inevitably makes the worlds team it’ll be downgraded in one round only. That should get us through next winter.

why would you put an enquiry in to something that was clearly 2 steps , her foot went down moved and went down again. 2 steps loses the CR. Putting an enquiry in would be nonsense.
They accepted it because she did it. Just a mistake that time.

She took an extra step. As in, she clearly takes two steps.
Ok, so if there was an extra step, the question is “was it directly connected into the round off?”

If the answer is no, then it was a solo Front Full. Which is not an “acro line” (which requires 2 acro skills directly connected - one being a salto). And CR 3 (front and back somi) needs to be satisfied within acro lines.

So therefore, she has not satisfied CR3.

I think I’ve finally got there! I was thinking that the front full on its own would satisfy the front salto requirement (and that the extra step would create 5 acro lines). I hadn’t seen the “…but only if it’s in an acro line” part of the CR requirements.

This rule results in the absurdity that a running punch Double Front would not satisfy the “front salto” compositional requirement on floor. Have we discussed this before? I think this is a silly rule and leads to silliness like this evaluation of Robertson’s routine.

Last edited:
ETA: I watched in slow motion and I caught more. His knee bent in the wrong direction. Don’t watch.
Thank you for the PSA. Did it look like something that takes a year to get over?

My non-medical opinion is yes. It looked like a significant injury.

GutsuFan on YouTube has uploaded almost all of the DTB meets.

Here is WAG team

I haven’t heard anything. There hasn’t been anything on Twitter, IG or his official website. However, there was one of those disappearing IG stories that was referenced by Reddit posters:

Last edited:
A knee bending in the wrong direction sounds like a whole lot of ligament and tendon tears and dislocation.

Definitely. Though the severity depends on the forces at play and the original flexibility of the athlete.

I find it hard to believe that there’s still nothing on Brody.

I agree. In this age of over sharing on social media it is hard to believe we haven’t heard. I figure it is either season ending or he might make a limited comeback in time for World Trials (is that nationals for MAG?).

I didn’t watch the video, but I heard it looked season ending. I’ll be surprised if he competes this year.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back