2024 MAG Qualification Subdivision 2 (MG 1, NED, CHN, JPN, MG 6, UKR) Saturday, July 27 9:30 am ET

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

ok the US is 5th so that's a pretty good guarantee of Team finals right?

Yes. But they will start on Rings and end on PH.

I think the Dutch team will be happy to have beaten Germany.

Is there any team that could dump the US to the 7th or 8th spot so they start on VT?

With Su Weide, I wonder if him going up was like that time when one of the Israeli MAGs threw together some scratch floor routine so his teammate got more of a break between events? Can't think of a reason for that otherwise. He didn't look injured or bothered, so I think it was planned.

Is there any team that could dump the US to the 7th or 8th spot so they start on VT?
I would say it’s unlikely, two of SUI, ESP, ITA, TUR, BUL would need to move ahead of U.S. BUL is the most likely to do it as they are the third best team behind China and Japan, but not sure another team can. With that said I was not expecting Ukraine to move ahead of U.S. going into the 5th rotation. It was nice seeing the guys bring it big on Vault and Parallel bars.

Is there a Sub 3 thread or am I missing it cuz the mobile site is only showing new posts?

With Su Weide, I wonder if him going up was like that time when one of the Israeli MAGs threw together some scratch floor routine so his teammate got more of a break between events? Can't think of a reason for that otherwise. He didn't look injured or bothered, so I think it was planned.

It could be that - it certainly gave Zhang Boheng a bit more rest having Su go last on fx and mid rotation on ph.

When he did fx one of the Discovery commentators said he was a last minute replacement after one of the team was inured in PT - so it could be that he had never expected to do PH and doesn't have a proper routine. I cannot find any youtube videos of him doing pommels in 2024.

For sub 2 I was the other side of HB:
IMG_7132.jpeg

I’m not enjoying being straight on to HB. I have no idea if any releases are gonna be caught until they are swinging again. It’s showing up some extreme Kolman travel though. Kaya’s in particular moved as far as an Italian WAG front pirouette.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back