2024 WAG Euros qualifying/Olympic individual qualifying/AA

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

I actually quite like doing the AA like this. Especially since the better gymnasts are in the later subdivisions, they are going in knowing what they need to score

Westlund (SWE) needs 12.633 on floor to pass Brassart (12.633 on floor would tie 11th)
Williams (SWE) would need 12.866 on floor to pass Brassart
Masova (CZE) needs 13.400 on beam to pass Brassart (13.400 would be 3rd best beam score behind Maneca-Voinea and Boyer)
Holasova (CZE) needs 14.166 on beam to pass Brassart
Kickinger (AUT) needs 14.200 on bars to pass Brassart

Brassart is likely safe but Westlund appears to be having an incredible meet.

I personally think doing the AA final in qualifications is a complete joke and it shows how badly this sport is run. AA is supposed to be the showpiece event, with the best gymnasts in the continent all going head to head at the same time, yet it won't even be televised.

Maellyse Brassart is safe, Williams only scores an 11.933 on floor.
Williams would've gone ahead if she'd hit beam. She also had a bizarre end to her floor, squatted down in wolf turn position but then didn't. Though wolf turns are not a guaranteed net positive addition to a score, so maybe she did herself a favour.

Sweden went ahead of Belgium but are behind Germany. Currently sitting in 5th, just on the cusp of TFs.

FRA
FRA
France159.130
ROU
ROU
Romania158.798
ESP
ESP
Spain154.462
GER
GER
Germany153.697
SWE
SWE
Sweden152.430
BEL
BEL
Belgium151.730

It's not impossible Sweden make the final - Italy, GB and the Netherlands should go ahead of them, but 152 is not a given for a Hungarian team without Kovacs.

It's not impossible Sweden make the final - Italy, GB and the Netherlands should go ahead of them, but 152 is not a given for a Hungarian team without Kovacs.
My thoughts exactly.

The Dutch are missing their top 3, but I'd still expect them to finish ahead of Belgium.

Good starts for GB and especially Italy. 41.866 is a really competitive total on beam. It's more than anyone got at worlds.

I personally think doing the AA final in qualifications is a complete joke and it shows how badly this sport is run. AA is supposed to be the showpiece event, with the best gymnasts in the continent all going head to head at the same time, yet it won't even be televised.
They do an all around final in odd years and team final in even years.
2021 and 2023 had individual AA. They added the team event for the sake of qualification to Worlds.
In the previous quads it was the same way.
2017 and 2019 were individual Europeans. 2018 and 2020 were Team Europeans.

2023 was technically an individual Euros, but with the new Worlds format of continental qualification, they needed to have a team portion, simply to qualify countries to Worlds.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back