2024 US Nationals WAG Day 2 Session 2

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

but why not do them now ? It is not like Paris is 6 months from now. If she isn't capable of the upgrades now, why would she be capable of doing them in a few weeks ?

Prioritizing health. She doesn't need her max difficulty to qualify to Olympic Trials, and that's all she needs to do this weekend.

Somebody pointed out in the night one thread that Jade could withhold full difficulty prior to Tokyo because she had already secured her +1 spot. She doesn't have that cushion here, so if she has that difficulty, she should be showing that she can compete it and be consistent.

Somebody pointed out in the night one thread that Jade could withhold full difficulty prior to Tokyo because she had already secured her +1 spot. She doesn't have that cushion here, so if she has that difficulty, she should be showing that she can compete it and be consistent.
Exactly. I keep hearing about how well Jade was paced last quad, but she had exactly NOTHING to prove between securing her spot (in 2018? 19?) and qualifications in Tokyo. That's a different game.

Oh, gotta sneak in some Dance Monkey at the 11th hour.

It’s a choice. Jade’s father paced her well for 2021 so they seem to be doing that again even though it’s admittedly more risky.

This music sounds like microphone feedback (hang's FX) ETA: okay, maybe it is a problem with the sound in the arena because it is also there when the announcer is talking)

Looks like Jade landed a VT fine in the background.

I also hate the FIG bar setting. If you've never seen the bar settings many gyms use, you can't appreciate how small FIG is. My tiny level 4s swing at a bigger setting.
It sounds like I would love to jump to high bar on the FIG setting because I was always nervous about that skill. But it does really stink for modern bars and real elite skills and releases. The only thing I think it might help on are those releases between the bars with twists.

It’s a choice. Jade’s father paced her well for 2021 so they seem to be doing that again even though it’s admittedly more risky.
I get it; we've seen what happens when gymnasts are forced to be at peak form for two months before the Olympics. However, up until Classics, Jade hadn't competed elite since 2022 Worlds and I don't think she's been at the camps, so she has very little opportunity to show her full difficulty and that she can nail it.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back