2024 Paris Fashion and Olympic Leotard discussion

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Oh they get way.. way more than just this. They get all of the USOC gear, the gear from their specific sports federation, plus gifts from all of the sponsors. Shoes, sunglasses, jewelry, cell phones, and more.

That's insane.

Team GBs opening and closing ceremony kits… full article and photo credit Here
Closing:

1718785476858.jpeg

Opening:
1718785521096.jpeg

I do not get these outfits at all. They look like stock clerks at Target. NOTHING about this says "Olympian."
The US and GB ones both. I do like the GB shorts one though. I don't like the US ones and the tracksuits for podium are dull.

According to this article, the pit crew one is "moto-inspired" so I guess it is a success in that aspect. I might like it more if the pants were a different color.

Because when I think GB, the first thing I think of is "South Pacific flower print."

Perhaps too subtle for many but I think they are the national plants/flowers for the nations that make up Great Britain

Rose = England
Thistle = Scotland
Daffodil = Wales
Shamrock - Northern Ireland

It's the same flowers/plants on the shirt as the tracksuit top

1 1 JPH_Ben_Sherman_GB_Opening_Ceremony_02_0937.jpg

'Maybe if they did not take it so literal.
Perhaps too subtle for many but I think they are the national plants/flowers for the nations that make up Great Britain

Rose = England
Thistle = Scotland
Daffodil = Wales

View attachment 10486

Rose = England
Thistle = Scotland
Daffodil = Wales

View attachment 10486
I love that the jacket design is subtle enough they could wear it after the Olympics is over.

Sorry... I'm with you @Sasha. In fact, this stuff really fucking pisses me off. They are spending gazillions of dollars on this Ralph Lauren stuff. There's an ENORMOUS amount of money blown on this.

I hope nobody ever donates to the USOC again. It's not a charity if this is what they do.

Some of it has to be product placement and free to the user. Don't know what percent, but usually Ralph bids to provide because they sell consumer versions. And I think usoc gets royalties from those sales. I assume Nike too. God knows the new phones were totally product placement. You should see what the Oscar swagbags are like.

You know Ralph has the clothes made in Asian factories for pennies and then sells the consumer one for $100 a shirt.

Eta: Don't see the Nascar jacket or the flight attendant one, but Macy's usually gets to sell the Ralph gear, so maybe coming soon? https://www.macys.com/shop/featured/Olympic/Brand,Sortby/Polo Ralph Lauren,PRICE_HIGH_TO_LOW

Sorry... I'm with you @Sasha. In fact, this stuff really fucking pisses me off. They are spending gazillions of dollars on this Ralph Lauren stuff. There's an ENORMOUS amount of money blown on this.

I hope nobody ever donates to the USOC again. It's not a charity if this is what they do.
Most of it would be provided by Ralph Lauren as sponsors product.

Sorry... I'm with you @Sasha. In fact, this stuff really fucking pisses me off. They are spending gazillions of athdollars on this Ralph Lauren stuff. There's an ENORMOUS amount of money blown on this.

Isn’t it the other way around? Doesn’t Ralph Lauren pay the USOC for the privilege of outfitting the athletes, then a % of the sales of related merchandise on top of that?

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Back