2024 Paris Fashion and Olympic Leotard discussion

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Yes, Ralph Lauren is the USOC's sponsor. The USOC doesn't pay Ralph Lauren anything.

Just like USAG isn't paying Core Hydration to have their water bottles all over the place. Core Hydration is paying USAG to be allowed to do that, and have their name in the title of US Classic, and to be able to put that they're an official sponsor of USA Gymnastics on the labels of their water bottles.

"USOC sponsorships are normally worth between US$2 million and US$3 million per year, but Polo Ralph Lauren will not be paying anything up front. Instead, as well as providing the clothes, it will pay the USOC a royalty of 10 per cent from the sale of any items carrying the Olympic seal."

Yes, Ralph Lauren is the USOC's sponsor. The USOC doesn't pay Ralph Lauren anything.

Just like USAG isn't paying Core Hydration to have their water bottles all over the place. Core Hydration is paying USAG to be allowed to do that, and have their name in the title of US Classic, and to be able to put that they're an official sponsor of USA Gymnastics on the labels of their water bottles.

"USOC sponsorships are normally worth between US$2 million and US$3 million per year, but Polo Ralph Lauren will not be paying anything up front. Instead, as well as providing the clothes, it will pay the USOC a royalty of 10 per cent from the sale of any items carrying the Olympic seal."

I wonder how well that's going to work out for them this year. Literally the only positive comments I've seen for the Ralph Lauren stuff this go-round is the fake enthusiasm from media outlets that are paid to say it. The comments on NBC's instagram posts are brutal (and I'm here for it...)

The commercial versions have almost always been in your face ugly. Like, okay a nice navy blazer with some red and white piping, and okay a usoc seal on the right breast...oh and a 3x size polo pony on the left in solid white so no one can miss it. And then you turn around and the whole back is covered with TEAM USA just so you don't miss the point. And it costs 500 bucks. Outside maybe a family member of an athlete or a coach who wants some glory without getting a neck tattoo, who is the audience?

In the past, I’ve found something to be positive about with the uniforms. I have nothing this time. This is heinous.
The blue and white striped shirt under the blazer might be nice.

In the past, I’ve found something to be positive about with the uniforms. I have nothing this time. This is heinous.
This. Ralph Lauren was never my favorite designer but they've really lowered their status in my mind with this. Tired, old, and ugly outfits. Also, didn't mom jeans go out of style several years ago, replaced by the 90s reboot?

Possibly showing one of the MAG and one of the WAG Olympic leos for China.

Shoes2.png

Shoes1.png

Years ago, I plunked down money for a 2006 Torino Team USA shirt by Roots. But there's nothing from RL that I find remotely appealing.

I still have the Torino short. It's pretty kickass.
I'm still rockin' the same 2012 Nike shirt Gabby is wearing. Worth every penny.
819AxqrBfLL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg

I have bought some opening or closing ceremony shirts in the past when they were on clearance, but they all run pretty small so they don't get much air time.

Last edited:
Not really related to Paris, but Old Navy has a bunch of Olympics stuff out, including replica shirts of Atlanta and Los Angeles.

Almost bought some Saturday but waited. Think I am going to order online though!

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Back