2023 Pan American Games WAG Team Final and Individual Qualifications (Sunday, October 22)

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

You aren’t, they do. I guess as long as the PR gym fed let you, anyone in the us could compete for PR. Or Guam. American Samoa…think of all the teams… 😉
So interesting thing about American Samoa, unlike the other USA territories they’re non-citizen nationals of the USA. Meaning that they’re subject to the same burdensome citizenship process as any other immigrant to the country and are barred from holding public office, serving in the military, and so on. Their passports specifically say that they are not American citizens.

Last edited:
I’m watching the wee thumbnail since I can’t log in. The first (I think) US gymnast (Lincoln?) hit beam, with one missed connection.

I hope Sumanasekera qualifies to the AA and then wins. Or at least wins BB.

Lincoln for FX gold🥇, please.

Fairly secure set for Sumanasekera. Some pauses, possibly questionable rings.

I don’t understand why they’ve kept the rings in the routine at this point. Maybe she does them beautifully on the floor? But she’s losing way more than the attempt is worth.

I don’t understand why they’ve kept the rings in the routine at this point. Maybe she does them beautifully on the floor? But she’s losing way more than the attempt is worth.
Maybe they think with more practice she’ll have them next year? BB scoring is taking for ev er. Jordan should bring some knitting up to the podium. Really slam it home how stupid it is to have to wait.

Last edited:
Missed Sumanasekera’s routine because the website wanted to be a pain in the behind

Perhaps they are not crediting the switch ring or have debate about it? As that would change the SV, that might be the holdup

Last edited:
Chiles waiting quietly by the beam rather than dancing - my brain is reading way too much into it.

They’re taking forever with Sumanasekera’s score. Chiles steps down from the podium.

Is the stand on the low bar thing actuality allowed in elite? I thought that was an ncaa thing. I guess at least we are getting replays of some of the other events, but show argentina while we got the time.

Last edited:
They’re taking forever with Sumanasekera’s score. Chiles steps down from the podium.
wanted to say that.

This is just ridiculous, it doesn’t take that long to confer over a score difference

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back