2023 Pan American Games MAG Team Final and individual Qualifications (Saturday, October 21)

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

irichluck21

Staff member
Defender
MAG Draw
Screen Shot 2023-10-08 at 3.45.35 PM

USA subdivision starts at 5:30 ET.

HB - Bock, Walker, Whittenburg, Phillips
FX - Bock, Walker, Whittenburg
PH - Bock, Walker, Whittenburg, Nedoroscik
SR - Bock, Walker, Whittenburg
VT - Bock, Phillips, Whittenburg, Walker
PB - Bock, Whittenburg, Walker, Phillips

USA MAG PanAms

Or good mental practice for a World/Olympic team final when you can’t drop a score.
This is true. But this team final allows for a dropped score. US should face serious competition from Canada and potentially Brazil. But looks like they are prioritizing individual medals here over team gold- which they could still get.

This is true. But this team final allows for a dropped score. US should face serious competition from Canada and potentially Brazil. But looks like they are prioritizing individual medals here over team gold- which they could still get.
Less worried about rings than floor, since it’s unlikely they’ll have to count some kind of meltdown there. But yeah, it’s good practice, and all three of those guys in the 3-man line-ups should be contending at least for outside chances to Paris.

Less worried about rings than floor, since it’s unlikely they’ll have to count some kind of meltdown there. But yeah, it’s good practice, and all three of those guys in the 3-man line-ups should be contending at least for outside chances to Paris.
So long as there is no injury to Whittenburg, Walker, or Bock before either event.

Risky with only going with 3 guys on floor and rings.
The original team named was chosen specifically to avoid only having 3 up on floor and rings. But then Shane Wiskus withdrew, and they decided to go for the highest scoring team, which included Curran Phillips, instead of a safer but lower scoring choice of taking AAer Riley Loos.

After 1
Screen Shot 2023-10-21 at 3.10.50 PM

Screen Shot 2023-10-21 at 3.11.16 PM

Canada 3 points higher than their team final score in Antwerp and 3 points less than qualifications where they could drop the low score.

Last edited:
So is the country you chose affecting what you see/hear? If I had said I was in Brazil, would I have a porteguese announcer and be seeing what the Brazil team is doing?

So is the country you chose affecting what you see/hear? If I had said I was in Brazil, would I have a porteguese announcer and be seeing what the Brazil team is doing?
I did not have to select a country. Commentary is generally English, though now and again it seems to have two commentaries at once. One Brazilian, one English. Not sure why.

I did not have to select a country. Commentary is generally English, though now and again it seems to have two commentaries at once. One Brazilian, one English. Not sure why.
When I created my account, it asked what country.

Interesting. I did mine on the apple tv. How did you create yours? It could be that the apple TV is already transmitting location through my IP address.
through email. Didn’t use any existing facebook/google/apple account.

ETA: So does Nedoroscik just not do any other apparatus than PH or is he just so bad at them that they don’t use him?

Last edited:

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back