2023 Pan American Games WAG All Around Final (Monday, October 23rd Second Session)

Welcome to our Gymnastics Message Board

Members see FEWER ads... so join today

7.5 E score for Chiles floor score doesn’t seem outrageous. What did those of you that think so see?
If you (incorrectly) thought she counted a fall on her wolf turn, I can see why you would be outraged… scoring has seemed pretty lucid in these games though.

Last edited:
Also, while i am still Team Jordan, congrats to Kayla. Im glad she took this chance after being alternate at Worlds. I think her stock is way up at usag with her 2 really steady performances.
Kayla improved drastically over a few months, deferring NCAA to concentrate on elite was smart and she can work on upgrading bars and beam.

Kayla improved drastically over a few months, deferring NCAA to concentrate on elite was smart and she can work on upgrading bars and beam.
I think people underestimate DiCello at their own peril. She’s steady (at her best) and versatile, two major assets in team selection.

Last edited:
podium

I wonder if there’s something going on with Jordan that’s holding her back?

Anyone know if they published All-Around scores with D/E breakdown somewhere? Trying to work out Flavia’s beam score. I think she was aiming for a 6.1 D score but I’d be surprised if both of her triple series were credited after inquiry…

I wonder if there’s something going on with Jordan that’s holding her back?
Jordan seems fine. Beam today was amazing, bars was a weird mistake that she’ll correct in EF. I wish she’d go back to a three-pass floor routine, sigh. She won a World silver medal and scored her best score ever with three passes and not throwing the Gogean. So annoying to see her doing a double pike after those first three passes. But she’s right in there on the 8-person A team I’d say.

Reactions: L_R
Jordan seems fine. Beam today was amazing, bars was a weird mistake that she’ll correct in EF. I wish she’d go back to a three-pass floor routine, sigh. She won a World silver medal and scored her best score ever with three passes and not throwing the Gogean. So annoying to see her doing a double pike after those first three passes. But she’s right in there on the 8-person A team I’d say.
The Landis love 4 pass routines. Every single elite they have does four passes. Insane.

The Landis love 4 pass routines. Every single elite they have does four passes. Insane.
It’s such a bonkers strategy. Biles is the only gymnast on the US team who should be doing four passes. Lincoln does three and she’s going to outscore Roberson internationally if both hit, even though three of their passes are identical except that Roberson does the Moors rather than the Silivas. Why aren’t these coaches seeing this? (I mean, the Landis coached Chiles to a World silver with three passes, beating the reigning Olympic champion doing four passes, so they should know.)

Welcome to our Gymnastics Message Board

Members see FEWER ads... so join today

Back