2022 World Gymnastics Championship WAG Podium (10/27-10/28)

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Great music, nice movement. I don’t see deductions the way you do. It was just missing something
Trust me, I’m sure your ability to judge artistry is better than mine. If you think somethings missing, it probably IS! Have you checked out the artistry deductions table? I think we posted it earlier, but it’s probably deep in another thread. We could make it a sticky; it’s a useful discussion for us all to keep in mind and it doesn’t require knowledge of all the inane technical rules of the Code.

British Gymnastics posted stuff for the men so hopefully we’ll get a few clips

Links would be interesting and handy!

View attachment 4868

This is as close as I can come to putting my finger on what is missing. But I’m thinking it’s not exactly it. She’s expressive but is she just generically expressing something fluid or is she expressing something that goes with the music…It’s really too nitpicking to take a deduction for it when so many athletes don’t bother to express anything.

Is this deduction taken very often?

Attachments

• 636ADED7-0EE1-4ED5-8578-1B9BCC5F669E.jpeg
    636ADED7-0EE1-4ED5-8578-1B9BCC5F669E.jpeg
    138.7 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
I really hope they sort Ondine’s composition out for next year. And that she sticks to the double tuck here.

Is this deduction taken very often?
It’s difficult to know as the artistry deductions are never publicly released. They’re just mixed into the overall E Score. It’s something we have been arguing for for years - separately publish the A Score!!

Last edited:
Yes. But this sub also compete late on Sunday, the new format means some very long days.

It’s 9pm here in the UK.
Whats crazy is that the first sub for quals is at 8pm tomorrow and then into Sunday. They surely could have cut the late starts out.

Is that one of those things that’s so ridiculous sounding there must actually be a sensible explanation for it, or are they just that stupid?

I think MAG PT is still ongoing tomorrow? Maybe thats why.
Argument for WAG to do their whole worlds first before MAG even do PT, maybe. That would surely make it quicker all around? Awful for spectators who might want to watch both MAG and WAG though, but no more so than it is for Euros.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back