2022 World Gymnastics Championship WAG Podium (10/27-10/28)

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

It feels like someone changed the music. If this is her music then the routine has nothing to to with the music; pure background.
Honestly, I have felt that China floor music has been background music for years now. The “choreography” often doesn’t match the music selection. It is sad because for several years they had some of the best music selection and dance, especially leading into 2008.

Reactions: One
Louon is out, knee injury the Belgian federation say. Alternate Ylea Tollet comes in to replace her. In other news for Belguim it sounds like Derwael is only going to do bars and beam.

Once it is loaded, it is fine, it is just the initial load that takes like a minute of those dancing 3 bars.
/threadjack

other news for Belguim it sounds like Derwael is only going to do bars and beam.
Yes, she was slated to do just bars and beam.
Louon was slated to do AA, so Tollet will have to step up.
I still think they can make team finals but it will be a challenge.

In Hungary news, all reports have stated that Kovacs skipped floor and bars and only did vault and beam today.

Friess appears to be doing two front layouts in separate floor connection passes…?

Not if the rule is done like it is in MAG. The midway point is deducted 0.5, regardless of whether it’s credited or not.

I wish there was a deduction called “futzing around” for every time a gymnast kind of just moves forward or backward because they weren’t in the right position. The “adjustment” deduction applies, I know, but calling it “futzing around” might cause some to stop doing it!

This was NOT good. She literally fell on a quad turn attempt, in addition to the fall on the punch front.

Also, she COMPLETELY misses the beat of the music at the “oooh!” part (1:38) and she’s behind the music by about 2 seconds at the finish. Is that -0.3P and a -0.1P?

Last edited:
If Friess gets her shit together on that rudi, maybe France could finish top on vault. That would be interesting.

Would love this to make finals.

ETA: I have 8.0 (A0) and CE2DD3DCCD3 (5.8) = 13.8

That absolutely could (actually - WOULD) make finals. Her spin series is literal gold. Two Ds plus 3 tenths of bonus. It’s worth a tenth more than Chiles’ first pass. And we have to remember there’s a reason we don’t see anyone else do it. She makes it look so effortless.

I really hope she can repeat this in prelims.

Last edited:
There’s something disconnected about the dance and the music. But I hope she does well.

I enjoyed it. I couldn’t think of an artistry deduction that would apply. Maybe complexity?

Great music, nice movement. I don’t see deductions the way you do. It was just missing something.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back