2022 World Gymnastics Championship WAG Podium (10/27-10/28)

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

This session was scheduled to start an hour and a half ago, so it must be over or about to be over now.

And she also blocks excactly half way around! If we couldn’t see the part on the board you would think she is doing a regular front entry, just so good.

Not the right thread but the prelims one is still locked- lineups for the first sessions tomorrow are out.

The US have Leanne down for vault and nothing else, which I’m sure we all saw coming.

They are loading all routines to instagram, so they will be there at some point.

Yeah, it doesn’t seem to mesh until after the double tuck. Before that there are parts that don’t hit accents, and movement that’s too fast for what’s playing.

I also see Yevgenia Medvedeva every time I hear this music.

Team lineups.

USA: Carey, Chiles, Jones AA, Blakely UB/BB/FX, Wong VT

Belguim: Brassart, Vaelen, Verkest AA, Derwael UB/BB Tollet VT/FX.

Spain: Casabuena, Fernandez, Raya AA, Masferrer VT/BB, Llacer Sirera UB/FX.

Last edited:
WXY’s beam connections are a really good example of not getting the arm swing deduction.
Yeah but they just really don’t seem connected to me. Even if she doesn’t swing her arms there is a long pause and no continuous movement (e.g. between the ring jump and the back handspring). I’m a stickler for connections though and honestly wish they would make the requirements a lot stricter which I know isn’t a very popular opinion!

I think Rebeca may be in danger of losing vault to Carey.
Based on the PT routines, I have Andrade 14.55 and Jade 14.4.

What’s more interesting, is that because Andrade had a pretty rough floor routine (12.8), I have Shilese ahead in the AA (55.9 vs. 55.7 for Andrade).

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back