2022 World Gymnastics Championship WAG Podium (10/27-10/28)

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

.1 form, .3 chest, .1 step is a fine assessment for the code (even though it’s dumb that an element without truly huge error can lose more points than it’s actually worth). As already explained in the other thread, I gave .5 already, being more lenient on the chest position since I already nitpicked multiple other errors which were not actively being taken in the 13-16 code and even these days wouldn’t be taken by all judges.

.1 form, .3 chest, .1 step is a fine assessment for the code (even though it’s dumb that an element without truly huge error can lose more points than it’s actually worth).
I agree. We could have avoided this lengthy discussion if you simply said this from the outset, rather than maintaining your belligerent and stubborn position on disregarding an obvious 0.3 body posture deduction.
since I already nitpicked multiple other errors which were not actively being taken in the 13-16 code
Why list them then?

Last edited:
Why list them then?
That feels more accurate to me (and helpful for an athlete, if scores-per-element were recorded, as they should be). Acknowledging all of the different flaws while coming to the same score conclusion, instead of just slamming one specific borderline flaw.

(even though it’s dumb that an element without truly huge error can lose more points than it’s actually worth).
A valid point, but it is what the gymnasts are scored against…multiple gymnasts and coaches have figured this out by now and choose to only do elements that they can minimize the deductions on.
Interestingly enough, the US which often relied on huge difficulty done with sometimes questionable execution have also now adjusted their routine composition strategy.

I’ve actually been wondering whether Chiles will bust out a CHENG and end up winning VT gold.
Any rumours of this in the training gym?

With Andrade out, she could even beat Jade with a clean stuck Lopez/DTY combo.

Can you imagine if Chiles wins VT and FX after being 2perd for the AA. It would be a Zamo moment all over again!

I’m hoping she will do a Cheng as well but sadly her draw is before Carey. I wish she were after Carey so she would know if she needs to go all out

I miss the days where a gymnast would bust out a new skill for EF

They still have the one-touch that was reinstated for EF, correct?

Andrade did not qualify for vault finals…she was 11th after missing her DTY and only doing a yurchenko back tuck.
omfg I also forgot this happened and was scared to death she was injured during the night tripping in the hotel or something.

Last edited:
Me too. So much crazy stuff has happened already that the VT thing didn’t even register

Since Andrade had her vault mishap, we had:
  • MAG qualifications hot mess, including everyone falling everywhere and Whittenburg outdoing Andrade in the vaulting disasters category
  • WAG TF holy fuckballs drama! Canada wins bronze! Japan meltdown on bars! China…whatever that was. Flavia withdrawing except for bars.
  • MAG TF burn the pommel horse with fire NOOOOOOOOOOW!
So easy to forget what happened to Andrade on vault in TQ.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Upcoming events

Back