2021 American Classic (Suni Lee, Grace McCallum, Kara Eaker, + more competing)

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Lee UB:
jump to HB mt-KCH-Nabieva-Bhardwaj, big leg sep on Nab and no connection out of Bhardwaj
KCH-Maloney-Gienger, whatever/not her best, but I don’t like this combo to begin with
KCH-blind change-piked Jaeger-Pak-Shap 1/2, decent, maybe a leg sep here or there
Dismount series was a bit cleaner but she’s still limping around this floor

Kara just attempted a 3 1/2-front tuck, but the tuck was like fully sideways lol. Then hands down on the triple full immediately after. Okay 2 1/2 and low double pike to finish. Also, her switch ring was baaad.

Why are the Fongs like this???

Last edited:
It’s over now! Underwhelming on every conceivable level! Maybe someday they’ll put up scores! Though I heard Kara got a 14.1 on beam which seems like a big HAH for the beam I watched so…

Last edited:
What is up with McCalum? She does not want to be shown? Tough shit! she is an elite gymnast, this is a competition… if you don’t want to be shown stay at home …
Feels like euro’s quali’s, the horror stream from hell, at least the Euro’s tream was free…

Last edited:
I still don’t know why Eaker or Wong try switch rings on floor. I’ve never not seen a 3 for body shape.

Scores finally up. Blakely, Wong, German for the AA.

They did indeed give Eaker 14.1 for beam. Lee got 14.55 with no dismount. McCallum apparently only did beam and got a 13.9. 15.2 for Suni’s bars. And a 13 for her FX with only two passes.

I’m kinda worried for Suni. This isn’t looking good for her. I wonder if they’ll give her one of the +1’s and she will go and do bars and beam only.

McCallum didn’t want to be shown? That’s weird. Do we at least know what she scored?

ETA: I feel like Suni could do a Layout dismount off bars and beam, and still qualify to EF in both. Then throw the real dismounts in the finals. It’s gonna be bad if Tom is forcing her to do real dismounts all the way through Classics, Nationals and Trials.

Last edited:
Why would you travel all the way to American Classic to do one beam routine and get a 13.9.

Makes literally no sense to me. If you’re injured, stay at home. If you’re not injured, do a mock meet at home with the whole gym looking at you, and livestream it to Tom for some added pressure.

Someone suggested maybe she just wanted to feel the equipment during training, but it’s not like it was on a podium so that makes very little sense to me.

Maybe they were using the equipment that they will be using for Nationals and Trials and its different from her home gym equipment?

The guy in the Twitch video is moaning about Anna Li judging. What happened with that in the end? I don’t mean to derail the thread. But the allegations against her can’t have been substantiated if she’s still out there, surely?

They were saying that the investigation still hasn’t been resolved.

I have no idea how accurate that may or may not be.

I still remain completely unconvinced by McCallum, is she not showing events because she isn’t ready?

I’m also pretty worried about Suni not being capable of taking the 2nd AA spot, it’s clear her lower limbs are not in good shape and are not on the right trajectory.

This team is wide open, you have to think Jade’s chances of making the 4 person team if she wants to have unfortunately risen.

I still remain completely unconvinced by McCallum, is she not showing events because she isn’t ready?
Apparently she had surgery three months ago, so I’d have to guess that’s it.

Opting out is fine for training or training camps. I actually wouldn’t mind if the standard were not showing those, unless people wanted to opt in for some reason.

But allowing it for actual meets, including Championships qualifiers or any World/Olympic selection criteria, is dumb and shouldn’t be allowed. That an athlete is already qualified is incidental.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back