2021 American Classic (Suni Lee, Grace McCallum, Kara Eaker, + more competing)

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Quick hits from BBS: “Kara Eaker, BB, American Classic podium training - switch split mount to switch side - y spin - front aerial to split ring jump - side aerial to loso to loso - sissone to split leap to side somi - switch to switch 1/2 to korbut - switch ring - timer dmt”

lmao, so the split ring leap is gone and the switch ring is finally after the switch leap series. But, 2 rings remain, and the Fongs have given her 3 dance “combos” (inc. the mount, even though it’s not CR-worthy), where the first only adds 0.1 and the second gains nothing, since Sissone isn’t eligible for SB. Al and Armine are ready for 2021!

If you haven’t gotten the memo yet that spending extra time on the beam doing a bunch of stuff that gets you nothing is a bad idea in this CoP, I’m not sure you’ll ever get it.

Last edited:
I don’t understand that
Neither her or Lee do them correctly
Got slammed at Worlds
How much more does it take?

She’s rearranged the leaps. Taken out the split to ring which was what cause all the issues.

I don’t know all technical requirements so I did a search which explained it to me. It says what I thought. Isn’t it still an issue because I don’t remember her back leg and head ever/rarely hitting the required position?

Last edited:
I think the issue with Kara (and a lot of other gymnasts) is that she mostly hits the requirements but at different times. So her front leg gets to horizontal, but by the time her back foot hits a ring, her front leg is way below horizontal. This would give her “Ring Leap (B)”.

The problem with 2019 Worlds prelims was twofold;
  1. Switch Ring - her back foot didnt reach shoulder height. So she got credited with Switch Leap. This meant her later series Switch to Switch Side (which was her dance connection for the 0.5 requirement, together with a tenth of extra CV) got nothing.
  2. Split Ring - her back foot didn’t reach shoulder height. So she got credited with Split Leap. This meant her later Split Leap - Side Somi got no CV
So Al Fong was expecting everything to get credit, for like a 6.6. So when she got like a 5.8 or a 6.0 (can’t remember) he appealed. But this only reflected one of the two issues above. On appeal they looked again and spotted the second mistake and knocked her down further to 5.4.

Last edited:
She’s probably planning to go to the U.S. Classic like a lot of others. Normally, no one significant goes to the American Classic, which is why we only found out who was attending two days before it starts. It’s usually just a glorified camp.

Last edited:
Yeah, I know but I still wanted to see how competition ready Morgan is at this point.

Last edited:
Yep. I’m hoping that some coverage will leak somehow. I’m torn in that I don’t want to watch anything from Flo, but I really want to watch some gymnastics. This is an awfully annoying situation. Have people reported Flo to YouTube? Surely they wouldn’t be happy to be supporting them.

Is this meet the last qualifier for Nationals for Memmel?

Agree with person up above that I would like to know what is going on with Sydney Morris. First State seems to be keeping things quiet for some reason.

The last Nationals qualifier is the US Classic at the end of May.

Eaker looks very subpar. Missed connections. Wobbles. Long breaks. Not even enough gas to do a dismount after resting for 20 seconds. There is no way she is going anywhere near the Olympic team, even as an alternate.

Last edited:
It does look like she’s lost a bit of the refinement and back leg knees in her splits (or just isn’t trying all that hard for podium training at American Classic, which is reasonable).

I like the sissone-split-side somi even if it is code stupid.

copy the URL, replace “youtube” with “hooktube,” and you can watch without giving a view, IIRC

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Upcoming events

Back