Worlds Qualifier: 2022 European Championships — Munich, Germany August 11- 21

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Matt is awkwardly talking about the arena. Awkward to commentate when this is happening.

I didn’t see the replay, if there was one. Any sense on whether it was a knee or an ankle?

Matt and Christine doing a good job of discussing Munich 1972, Korbut and the difficulty evolution of the sport and the COP

Last edited:
Damn they’ve got an IV bag and everything. Hopefully they’re pumping her full of painkillers.

Spencer quickhits:

Georgieva – VT 1 – BUL – DTY comes in pretty high on the table, can’t land it, sits it down, looked like she came into the mat underrotated and now she’s down and being looked at by her coach. And now the medical team.

I’ve never seen a knee injury take so long to get off the podium. It’s stressing me out!

I feel for the commentators having to keep talking while all this is going on. If that were me it would be a mixture of wailing at the injustice of the universe and complete nonsense.

Asia’s was an ankle? I didnt see it in the replay - just looked short but not an obvious injury?

Wouldn’t it have the same execution just with the higher difficulty? I think that would’ve made her average 13.733, putting her in first.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back