Worlds Qualifier: 2022 European Championships — Munich, Germany August 11- 21

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Germany never won a European Team medal before.
The team event was not introduced until 1994.

I have to say that I think it’s a big mistake to not require juniors to use 2 entries. This is why we have a drought of top vaulters at senior level- because learning a second vault is very low priority.

It would be better to have them doing a very low value 2nd vault, because at least they would be training the basics of the entry and gives them a foundation to build their 2nd vault difficulty for senior level.

It is no coincidence that vault difficulty and variety progressed greatly during the quad where the most emphasis was placed on different entries. Amanar, Khorkina, Produnova, Zamo, McIntosh, Atler were all pushing the difficulty and innovation at the same time

Ooh, I just realised Schaefer-Betz IS in the beam final. Last I saw, she was on the bubble before the fourth subdivision, so I’d sort of assumed she’d been knocked out. Whoop!

Blythe just said that the handspring Rudi is named after Chuso. Is that true? Why are we calling it the Rudi?

“Rudi” is a general term in gymnastics for a front 1 1/2 twist (like “barani” for front 1/2 twist and “randi” for front 2 1/12 twist).

True. I was just surprised, I had no idea the vault was named for Chuso. It’s a bit of a pity that we don’t use her name, but I guess there are many similar examples.

That Lopez landing always looks a bit short. Ankle cruncher. She’s down for beam but I hope she doesn’t attempt it.

Good effort from Gadirova. I’m always nervous for people who go up after an injury.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back