Worlds Qualifier: 2022 European Championships — Munich, Germany August 11- 21

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

I heard the triple full was downgraded so then she lost her 2.5 as well.

I heard the triple full was downgraded so then she lost her 2.5 as well.
What was the D score raised from and to? That should be a clue.

They did take a LONG time getting her score.

Last edited:
4.9 to 5.5
3/2 to Triple 0.2
2.5 to Front Full 0.2
Double Pike
Double Wolf
Split 1/1 to Switch 1/1
CEDCDDCD 0.4 + 0.2 = 5.6 (they prob downgraded the Switch Full)

Losing the Triple Full:

3/2 to 2.5 0.1
Repeat to Front Full 0.0
Double Pike
Double Wolf
Split 1/1 to Switch 1/2 (DG)
CDCDDCC and count an A because of a lost skill 0.1 + 0.2 = 4.8

Did she do a B elsewhere so she wouldn’t count an A but a B? Can anyone else get a 4.9?

Last edited:
Is it possible they only downgraded the switch full on the appeal?

Alice really was the MVP for the GBR team, both today and in prelims. For all the negative attention she’s had in the past (mostly not her fault, but due to the ridiculousness of her coaching situation), she’s really become the core of GB WAG.

Still lolling at the 9.333 ha. This means THREE judges (out of 7) gave her at least a 9.4 😂

Last edited:
Listunova is lovely but she does suffer from the Russian “lovely body shapes, has no idea whatsoever of what’s going on with the music”. There basically isn’t enough of a Tschaikovski violin cliché that will cover that, as Tokyo showed. Maybe her next routine will change my mind but until then the jury is out. The Gadirovas on the other hand always know where they are. I appreciate that. It’s a routine, not a series of movements loosely related to something pretty sounding in the back.

Germany’s team bronze medal is the first ever medal for Germany in the team event.

No, it’s the first medal for a unified Germany. It is quite an important distinction to make but unfortunately several commentators have neglected to.

Last edited:
I mean, I love Voss. But this was not a 9.4:

I feel like maybe because she is SO TALL that they didn’t take anything for height or distance.

The only way I can get this as a 9.4:

1 on the table for shoulder angle (it was otherwise a great block).
1 for legs
3 for pike down
1 for the hop
Nothing for height, distance or direction.

Ondine’s bars seem to get more scary with rewatching. She did very well to get through the exercise

Her team have got to look at her composition. She has now competed five bars sets in a fortnight, and the cumulative effects of fatigue are obvious, but even with them getting worse as they go the exercise was still quite wild in CWG TF. There were endurance issues right from the start. It just looks too much for her.

I was surprised they put her on bars today. Obviously Jess had an issue with her dismount in qualification, but I don’t get how you watch Ondine’s routine on Thursday and think that’s what we want to be relying on in team finals.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back