Worlds 2021- WAG prelims

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

I can’t not say it anymore since it’s been the banner for awhile now: What the hell is up with the logo for this event?

Why? It’s literally THE point of this entire debacle that both @irichluck21 and @JaJa have both explained to you more than once now, and you continue to bark back with comments like they are “infantilizing” the personal coaches for thinking Tom is at least partially responsible.

Knowing the format of this - and every - Event, the specific rules that come with it, and communicating / practicing them are not huge asks of a paid “coordinator” of an Olympic sport in the U.S. This is an Individual Worlds, but Teams are now rotating together, so whether one-touch is timed in accordance to a Team or Individual event should’ve absolutely been settled.

I don’t even know what “mansplaining” is, but the person receiving a salary to coordinate the monthly camps I get dragged to, leads team selection, etc., ensuring those details - no matter how minor - would be expected. Everyone has said this in different ways already, but without a central source of confidence and intelligence, what is the literal point in having a coordinator and coordinated camps, etc.? Coaches need to have autonomy and their athletes’ best interests in mind at all times, but part of that requires being able to trust the national coordinator to take some of the work-load.

I guess we will just need to agree to disagree on this one. :+1:t2:

Reactions: L_R
Understand Captain America GIF

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Upcoming events

Back