Worlds 2021 - Podium Training

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Leanne, Konnor and eMjae are going to get hammered more than likely. Not sure about Kayla but I’m glad she looks like she knows it’s the World Championships (I mean, technically).

Leanne, Konnor and eMjae are going to get hammered more than likely. Not sure about Kayla but I’m glad she looks like she knows it’s the World Championships (I mean, technically).
Ditching the double layout was smart, but she should remove the wolf turn she is sketchy on it and incurring at least .3 deduction on it every time.

So far on FX I have DiCello 13.4, Wong 12.8, Frazier 11.7.

Has Konnor’s floor been posted?

What are we thinking?

This doesn’t look as good as it did at Camp. I would credit the one at Camp but I think this one shows hollowing at the vertical. It’s a huge call because its the difference between BBE+2 and BBC+1

This gets credit but I think a 3 for body shape, right?

I had a 13.0 (5.9 - no layout yes switch ring) for Konnor.

Last edited:
I would probably call it a layout but it won’t matter because it looks inconsistent and she is either going to fall on it or take crazy deductions.

I mean, not for BB EF but maybe for AA qualification. It’s 3 whole tenths (and 2 if she falls).

You can tell that Kayla DiCello really does NOT like her beam dismount.

God knows why they’re doing it. I’m sure she could do a nice high RO Double Full for 0.2 less in D, which will give her much less anxiety. Might eliminate the absolute LUNCHBREAK before she goes for it, too.

ETA: 12.5 (5.7) from me.

I had this at 1:30 on the timer. So no overtime deduction.

Interestingly - there are 23 seconds between her landing her Straddle 1/2 crossways, and her starting the next skill (the DMT). All that’s in between are 3 sideways steps, and some arm waving. Am tempted to go 3 for artistry…

Last edited:
More videos

I cannot judge these bars or vault angles.

I had 11.7 for Konnor on FX (5.4 D, 6.7 E, 0.4ND)

Last edited:
I just cannot understand why that double tuck is still in there. Does she have a mental block on double twists or something? Makes no sense otherwise. And I’m sure it’s got worse since summer.

So we didn’t see Frazier’s vault(s). She had her vaulting wrist guards on though.

Reactions: bhs
Even just a Full. Only 0,3 less than BHS BHS Double Tuck.

This Code is really fucked up in favour of easy dismounts and I have no idea why more gymnasts aren’t taking advantage of it. It’s being fixed on Dec 31.

She could use those 23 seconds to do some really cool and interesting low to the beam choreography. Might almost pay it back with less artistry deductions.

And she’s certainly not going to land a Full with face in knees.

Oh Kelly. She’s still stuck in 1999.

Gymnastic reported that no US girls are doing 2 vaults.

Frazier vaulted per Gymcastic quick hits. No idea why we didn’t get all the US routines in that video.

Gymnastic reported that no US girls are doing 2 vaults.
Interesting. So it is DiCello and Wong doing AA then.
Why is McClain doing floor exercise in podium if she’s not going to compete. Does Tom not realize it is 3 up only??

Reactions: MRR
The athletes and their coaches may have made the call based on how they’re feeling; they’re dealing with basically a twelve hour time change and haven’t had much time to recover from their flights. Everyone did floor in podium, but maybe eMjae and Konnor (or their coaches) just didn’t feel up to vault.

ETA: Especially after some of those floor landings. They did not look pleasant.

Last edited:
I heard that they all did AA in podium? Just no videos for Konnor and Frazier are out yet.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Upcoming events

Back