2024 Olympic Games: MAG Podium Training: Wednesday, July 24

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

So if I pieced it together properly, the US MAG line up is:
PH: Juda, Malone, Nedoroscik, Richard (Hong went 5th)
SR: Richard, Juda, Malone, Hong
VT: Malone, Juda, Richard, Hong (Hong 2 vaults)
PB: Malone, Juda, Hong, Richard
HB: Hong, Juda, Richard, Malone
FX: Juda, Malone, Hong, Richard

Nedoroscik went 4th (at least in the first go around). And he is very brave to leave his glasses at the chalk bucket. Like, losing my glasses is one of my major freakout stresses--if I were going to the olympics, I would probably have 4 extra pairs, just in case. I also kinda love that Sam Mikulak makes his return to the olympics as a coach.
:)

The goggles are easy to replace. 😉 In USAToday “After graduating from Penn State with an electrical engineering degree, Nedoroscik was perhaps best known for the non-prescription goggles he wore while competing − a gift from a teammate that he has said was more about superstition than improving his eyesight.”

The goggles are easy to replace. 😉 In USAToday “After graduating from Penn State with an electrical engineering degree, Nedoroscik was perhaps best known for the non-prescription goggles he wore while competing − a gift from a teammate that he has said was more about superstition than improving his eyesight.”

He was only wearing glasses and then competing pommel glasses-free. So I am assuming the glasses were prescription and I freak out if I even knock mine off the bedside table (maybe too many times as a child watching A Christmas Story where the kid steps on his glasses). 'Course, I am superduper nearsighted and maybe he isn't as badly off as I am.

I kinda half-watched podium training (skipped rings cuz snooze and actually fell asleepish during PB) and well, no one died on vault so at least there is that. But wow, I can't imagine the women's coaches being fine if they were crashing and undercooking so many vaults.

Sun Wei is out, after injuring his ankle at PT yesterday apparently. Su Weide subbed in.

Thank God lol, I was really worried they were just going to try to trudge on with Sun Wei anyway.

That's too bad, but I really didn't see Sun Wei medaling anywhere, so it's more of a team thing.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Back