Worlds 2021 - Podium Training

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Doug, I’m looking to add more gymnasts to the spreadsheet–can I copy and paste or will that f*ck up some formatting?
You can totally copy paste more sections underneath!

The only thing that won’t work is the “rank” column but we don’t care about that for PT!

How can Andrade do these vaults but not a watered down floor routine.

I want to cry!

Last edited:
Yes, dty and cheng, looking fabulous except lowish landing on cheng, but pretty much stuck. DTY is beautiful. I also think a very easy floor for her standards could do it, but given the career she’s had, let’s count our blessings and wish for vt gold and maybe ub medal

I would love for Igor to finally win a gold especially after 2017

Last edited:
Yes, dty and cheng, looking fabulous except lowish landing on cheng, but pretty much stuck. DTY is beautiful. I also think a very easy floor for her standards could do it, but given the career she’s had, let’s count our blessings and wish for vt gold and maybe ub medal
She is prioritizing Paris and so that is why she decided not to compete floor/AA here.

Doug, I’m looking to add more gymnasts to the spreadsheet–can I copy and paste or will that f*ck up some formatting?
I updated the sheet. Go nuts!

Maybe post links to the videos that you’re judging (esp. the Chinese) so that we are all judging the same PT routine.

Urazova was only down to do bars… wondering now if they’re going to put her in the AA after all. We didn’t see her vault on the Olympic channel highlights, but she’s standing on the podium with Melnikova and Minaeva and they evidently missed out the first half because we only saw the second vaults from those two. They both normally do Yurchenkos.

If she is doing AA, that shakes things up a bit.

The Olympic Channel “highlights” cutting midway through routines so we cannot judge the whole thing is so first world problems but also so annoying lol.

So far on floor we have Melnikova (13.6), DiCello (13.4), Murakami (13.4) Urazova (13.2), Wong (12.85), Frazier (11.7), McClain (11.7).

On beam we have Luo Rui (15.0!), THT (14.4), McClain (13.2), DiCello (12.8).

On bars we have Melnikova (14.2), WXY (13.95), Downie (13.6 with a fall).

Last edited:
FIG says:

Livestreamed finals and qualification routines on YouTube

You can watch all finals live and on demand on the FIG YouTube channel. Qualification routines from each athlete will be made available after the event.

This is why I don’t understand the top contenders not doing full AA sets.

They’ve literally dragged their arses back to Tokyo. A two or three day trip, by all accounts. They’re warming up for other events anyway. They’re right there!

Why not go up and do a watered down routine which, in the current climate of execution deduction purgatory, would probably score decently well anyway.

Makes no sense to me.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Back