Mersin Challenge Cup/ RomGym Trophy

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

IMG_7978

I’m no judge but 14.4 seems quite high for this… I’m assuming that little half turn after her shap into the yehova fulfills the grip requirement?

Yes, one of the silliest of rules - I’m okay with the grip requirement being met, but the fact that it also gets connection value is quite mind-boggling. Two skills being separated by something of no value and “voila” 0,1 CV. Get it together WTC.

I understand the illogical nature of the FIG but the fact that the front giant in front of a dismount such as a double front doesn’t fulfill the requirement but the front giant in front of a jaeger and that little half turn does?? WTF… like you said get it together WTC

the fact that the front giant in front of a dismount such as a double front doesn’t fulfill the requirement but the front giant in front of a jaeger…does
🤷‍♀️ How did I not know this?

I wouldn’t be surprised if increasing popularity leads the FIG to ban this. Jade Barbosa has recently become the latest gymnast to do it at Brazilian nationals.

Looking at the results book from Liverpool though I wonder if some judges weren’t sure what to do with this. Barbosu had six judges go 7.5-7.8 but one went 7.1, Finland’s Maisa Kuusikko got five scores between 7.2-7.4, and then a 6.8 and a 6.3.

Speaking of Kuusikko, she apparently suffered an injury in Mersin yesterday and didn’t compete today. Don’t know what it is but that’s not good timing for Worlds/Olympic qualification.

Despite what some of the old Romanian coaches have said, Patrick Kiens seems to be doing wonders for this team. Especially in terms of presentation (obviously), but they’re making massive progress on bars as well. Plus, I think Patrick works the code really well. Something the Dutch have been experts in.

What have the old coaches been saying? Because what Kiens has accomplished in such a short time is astonishing. It’s pretty embarrassing to the coaches from 2015 until he took over.

Are scores inflated on bars so that statistically someone’s mother can’t argue their child into the bar line up at worlds

I think inflation doesn’t matter as long as the gap reflects reality. Voinea can hardly get a 12 on bars anyway. Bars score also tend to be higher than beam and floor.

There was an article in May about Gina Gogean, among others. Here’s the thread:
79_2.png
Romanian Gymnastics Upheaval: Coaches at odds, Gogean resigns in anger Women’s Gymn
She seems super angry, but I am not clear and what actually happened. https://romania.postsen.com/trends/...that-I-would-experience-such-humiliation.html I’ve edited this post to list everything I got from this thread and from a couple private messages sent by people fairly in the loop but unwilling to share information publicly. Also, here’s a better article with a good translation, and it’s consistent with everything I listed below, it seems. https://www.patreon.com/p…

Last edited:

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Back