Gymnast Social Media Megathread

Welcome to our Gymnastics Message Board

Members see FEWER ads... so join today

This was the first thing that popped into my mind when I saw the post. I guess this is a preview for the Skinner-Douglas relationship 25 years from now

Quoting this from the Kim Kelly thread because this is right on. If Skinner is already harping on and lying about a small-stakes competition from 13 years ago, she's definitely still bitter about 2016. Even when she managed to worm her way into an Olympic spot in 2020/1 and ended up with a medal after initially not getting past qualifications.

She is forever a victim.

She is absolutely delusional.
Williams was already in 1st place at that point and then went to floor and killed it.
Skinner had zero chance of catching her, especially with bars in her final event. She was .3 from 5th place going into the last rotation. Hundley, Spicer, and Williams were finishing up on their best events, with Skinner on her worst.
1708192753698.png

Also, Wieber "needed" her teammate to win NLC so Wieber would "want" to win?? Ridiculous.

Maybe there was a mix up with the scoring and Mykayla had (incorrectly) been announced in third? Mistakes happen…I’ve seen an Olympics medal ceremony where the incorrect name was announced as the gold medallist!

Marta situation is completely fabricated and never happened.
Fabricated by who though. Could be another thing Lisa Spini did to "keep MyKayla interested in gymnastics."

Scenario: Skinner is incorrectly announced in the top 3, USAG person says whoops sorry MyKayla the scores were mixed up actually SusiePie is in that place and you're this place. Skinner is later upset about the mixup/lower placement so Spini tells her something like oh actually MyKayla Marta secretly came to my hotel room after and explained the whole thing, you really did do well but Jordyn's teammate had to win so Marta is going to bring you to the camp for elites instead! Isn't that great, now let's be excited to go back to the gym and work towards doing well at the camp!

It doesn't look so hot though. The double tuck she used to do wasn't so great either. It's weird that she has trouble with beam dismounts.
Jade is another one that has some lackluster beam dismounts that make you wonder.

I forgot, back in 2011 NL Cup eligiblity was still wide open. There were a fair number of qualifiers who actually competed as junior elites at 2010 Nationals--MyKayla Skinner among them. She was already an elite! Hardly some unknown who was being rewarded with a camp invite. Regardless of the origin of this story, it doesn't hold up under the slightest scrutiny.

(She finished tied for 25th in 2010, if you're curious.)

Welcome to our Gymnastics Message Board

Members see FEWER ads... so join today

Back