Gymnast Social Media Megathread

Welcome to our Gymnastics Message Board

Members see FEWER ads... so join today

I never watched the show, but know a fair amount about it since it was so hugely popular, but did we know that Julianne McNamara's daughter had a substantial role playing the teen version of one of the main characters in This Is Us? https://www.imdb.com/name/nm4952695/

For the non-Americans, "This Is Us" was a hugely popular, critically adored primetime show that follows the lives and families of two parents, and their three children, in several different time frames.

Reactions: Bob
She should tuck that instead. If she can do a full-twisting double layout like that, bending the legs on purpose should be no problem and she could get some good execution out of it.

Has she had any major injury yet? She’s been chucking scrappy difficulty since she was like 12. To make it to 2nd year senior with no big injury is a pretty good run when your coach is insane and all your skills are in the danger zone.

No major injury as a senior, but she did have that random vault balk at Worlds.

I worry for her ankles on the combination. The double back reverse to front tuck is hard on the ankles as it is, now you are adding a twisting element to it. That's really not good, the potential to be short on the full twist and then rebound into a front element- the force and pressure alone, IMO is way too dangerous. I worry for her ankles.

Marta Pihan-Kulesza won her 12th polish AA title. Nailing a double Arabian after having two kids(!) is bamf material.
No disrespect to Marta, but it’s odd that Poland hasn’t produced anyone at all in 20 years. There are a few kids at a high level in Germany and England with Polish eligibility, I wonder if once they turn senior, they’ll compete for Poland

No disrespect to Marta, but it’s odd that Poland hasn’t produced anyone at all in 20 years. There are a few kids at a high level in Germany and England with Polish eligibility, I wonder if once they turn senior, they’ll compete for Poland
The federation doesn't seem to be in great shape. IIRC they declined to send a gymnast to '22 worlds who offered to finance the trip herself, probably related to the debt from hosting 2019 Euros.

I know US level tens with Polish heritage have represented them in the past at Euros/Worlds.

The federation doesn't seem to be in great shape. IIRC they declined to send a gymnast to '22 worlds who offered to finance the trip herself, probably related to the debt from hosting 2019 Euros.

I know US level tens with Polish heritage have represented them in the past at Euros/Worlds.
Ah yes I think the Pavlak sisters have represented Poland

Welcome to our Gymnastics Message Board

Members see FEWER ads... so join today

Back