Gymnast Social Media Megathread

Welcome to our Gymnastics Message Board

Members see FEWER ads... so join today

Spencer on Gymcastic said he had a 7.0 D score routine for Suni.. feels optimistic that this would all make its way into the routine, but I think he's right in theory, which is exciting.
  • LOSO mount, bhs, bhs E+B+B (0.1+0.1)
  • Triple wolf E
  • Switch leap, switch 1/2, ring jump C+D+D (0.1+0.2+0.1)
  • Front aerial, split jump, straddle jump D+B+B (0.1+0.1)
  • Side aerial, LOSO, LOSO D+C+C (0.2+0.1+0.1)
  • Switch ring, split leap E
  • Ro, double pike dismount E (0.2)
  • Difficulty: 3.6
  • CR 2.0
  • CV/SB/Dismount: 1.4
    • =7.0.. (edited* w help)
I guess it all depends on her endurance but a double pike dismount for Suni seems like a deduction trap. I would think a more straightforward upgrade would be bhs+bhs+2.5 twist to get that dismount bonus and series bonus* (but can you re-use backhandsprings to garner SB?)

Last edited:
  • Side aerial, LOSO, LOSO D+C+C (0.1+0.1+0.1)
  • Switch ring, split leap E+B (0.1)
I would think a more straightforward upgrade would be bhs+bhs+2.5 twist to get that dismount bonus and series bonus* (but can you re-use backhandsprings to garner SB?)

- The side aerial + layout stepout + layout stepout connection earns 0.4 in CV / SB (0.2 for the D + C, 0.1 for the C + C, and 0.1 for the series as a whole).

- D (or more) + B connections of two dance elements do not earn CV. Also, a split leap is only an A element.

- You can repeat each of 1) back handspring stepout, 2) back handspring two two feet, 3) gainered back handspring, 4) round off, and 5) front handspring twice within an exercise and receive CV / SB. In the routine you listed above, she could perform a Korbut either instead of the second back handspring in the mount series, or a one-armed back handspring or Korbut out of the split jump in the aerial mixed series.

- The side aerial + layout stepout + layout stepout connection earns 0.4 in CV / SB (0.2 for the D + C, 0.1 for the C + C, and 0.1 for the series as a whole).

- D (or more) + B connections of two dance elements do not earn CV. Also, a split leap is only an A element.

- You can repeat each of 1) back handspring stepout, 2) back handspring two two feet, 3) gainered back handspring, 4) round off, and 5) front handspring twice within an exercise and receive CV / SB. In the routine you listed above, she could perform a Korbut either instead of the second back handspring in the mount series, or a one-armed back handspring or Korbut out of the split jump in the aerial mixed series.

Ah, thank you for this! Will be hard not to keep mixing up the cv for dance vs dance/mixed vs acro, yeesh.

I'd always assumed that Suni attempted a split leap out of her switch ring for bonus (maybe it helps re-stabilize her/cover up wobbles though?)

Joscelyn Roberson posted some videos on her instagram doing vaults. I don't see how this doesn't result in another injury.

Joscelyn Roberson posted some videos on her instagram doing vaults. I don't see how this doesn't result in another injury.

Yep, I hate that late twisting technique. She could get injured in either of the vaults, she’s literally twisting into the ground at full speed

Reactions: Bob
I wonder if they'll address Al Fong's reputation and his past. Probably not. It also only covers up through 2021.
I need statements from parents who have continued to send their daughters to GAGE in the past 30 years. Please tell me how you look at a coach who had two gymnasts die within three years of each other due to having one compete a skill everybody could see she wasn't performing safely and the second from an eating disorder that was essentially encouraged and go, "Yeah, I want this guy to be the major force in my daughter's formative years."

The link breaks when I hit the button to post.

USAG posted it too.

Last edited:
How much of a deduction is she going to get for catching way under the bar?

The angle of completion deductions that existed in the previous COP were eliminated beginning in 2022.

Insufficient height deductions on Pak saltos are taken based on where the gymnast's hips are in relation to the high bar during the peak of the flight phase. Lee's are at bar height, which would be a 0.1 deduction.

Welcome to our Gymnastics Message Board

Members see FEWER ads... so join today

Back