Simone Biles Is Married! See Her Gorgeous Wedding Gown​

• Simone Biles
Philip Mutz

Sat, April 22, 2023 at 1:44 PM CDT·1 min read

In this article:
  • Simone Biles
Simone Biles

American artistic gymnast (born 1997)

Simone Biles and Jonathan Owens are husband and wife.

Today, the gymnast, 26, and her now-husband, 27, announced that they have officially tied the knot. And fortunately for fans, the pair shared plenty of photos on social media, complete with pics of Biles’s stunning wedding dress.

In the first image of Biles’s Instagram slideshow, the duo holds hands as Owens pumps his fist into the air in celebration. The Olympian is smiling wide and holding a beautiful bouquet from Bramble & Bee. Subsequent pics show the newlyweds mid-ceremony and engaging in some well-deserved PDA.

Biles captioned her post, “I do [white heart emoji] officially owens [white heart emoji].” She even tagged her photographer, Raetay Photography.

Owens added a message in the comments section writing, “Wifey got a great ring to it. First day of forever.”

He even shared a post of his own on social media, featuring some of the same photos, as well as a few additional black-and-white shots.

Owens captioned his own pics, “My person, forever.” And, of course, Biles commented, saying, “I love you husband.”

Fans of the couple knew that their wedding date (which was not previously disclosed) was imminent based on recent posts from Biles and Owens.

Just days ago, Biles posted on her Instagram Story that she had picked up her wedding dresses (yes, plural). And before that, the pair shared that they had received their marriage license.

In the post, the couple appears to be all smiles as they hold up the certified document. The caption read, “Almost time to say ‘I do,’” along with paper and white heart emojis.

Congratulations to the happy couple!

Simone Biles and Jonathan Owens Announce Second Wedding After Celebrating Poolside​

• Simone Biles
Emily Tannenbaum

Sun, April 23, 2023 at 1:08 PM CDT·2 min read

In this article:
  • Simone Biles
Simone Biles

American artistic gymnast (born 1997)

On April 22, Simone Biles and Jonathan Owens dropped photos from the wedding of the summer—but the party has just begun.

Over the weekend, Biles revealed she was “officially Owens” with a series of stunning wedding photos taken by Houston-based photographer Rachel Taylor. In the intimate photos, the 26-year-old Olympic gymnast wore a four-tiered Selfie Leslie dress as she celebrated her courthouse wedding with the 27-year-old NFL player. Owens matched her elegant aesthetic in a beige suit with a white button-up, checkered belt, and white loafers.

The athletes met on Raya just before the start of the COVID-19 lockdown in March 2020 and were engaged by February 2022. Over a year later, they said “I do” for the first time. “Wifey got a great ring to it ❤️💍 First day of forever :crossed_fingers:t4:,” Owens replied to Biles’ post. He also shared his own Instagram post with the caption, “My person, forever ❤️💍. #TheOwens.”

Celebrity News

Simone Biles Marries Jonathan Owens in a Stunning Tiered Wedding Dress

“Officially Owens.”

Following the ceremony, Simone Biles and Jonathan Owens shared a couple of celebratory poolside snaps on their Instagram stories. “Cheers husband,” she captioned her Boomerang of Owens, while he shared a photo of his wife with a giant martini glass of fruit, writing, "My two favorite things.

Instagram/@jowens

Instagram/@jowens

Instagram/@simonebiles

Instagram/@simonebiles

While stunning, the courthouse location and poolside cocktails felt pretty low-key after Biles went full-out for her bridal shower and joint bachelorette weekend in Belize. That’s because the festivities are far from over. “We will be having a wedding in a couple of weeks,” Biles told fans during an Instagram Story Q+A on April 23. “We had to get married ‘legally’ here in the US—since our wedding will be a destination wedding.”

Biles even told fans that the couple’s wedding bands were bought on Amazon because they’re saving their real rings for “the big day.” Biles also revealed she’ll be writing her own vows. “Idk how I’m supposed to get through it," she wrote. "I was so teary & choked up at the courthouse ceremony & it was just basic vows.”

According to Biles, she purchased her entire courthouse wedding outfit this week—including ther $120 dress, shoes off Amazon, and her bouquet. “Not quite [as] prepared for [the] courthouse ceremony as I am for the big wedding,” she wrote.

Who’s ready for round two??

Celebrity News

Simone Biles and Jonathan Owens’s Relationship: A Complete Timeline

The greatest gymnast of all time and the NFL safety have the sweetest love story. “This was a match made in heaven,” he says.

Last edited by a moderator:

New Bride Simone Biles Claps Back at Haters of Her Wedding Hair: ‘Keep Complaining’​

Beth Shilliday

Tue, April 25, 2023 at 2:35 PM CDT

Simone Biles had an epic clapback after haters took issue with her wedding day hair pictured in the Olympic gymnast’s photos from her nuptials to NFL star Jonathan Owens, which she shared via Instagram on Saturday, April 22. The athlete told them to “keep complaining” because she didn’t care.

The bride, 26, wore her hair in a high ponytail for the courthouse ceremony, which one Twitter user called “fake,” while another complained about her hairline. “Them edges should have been laid. It is her wedding day,” the follower wrote. Another person said her hair “was a mess for her wedding.”

Simone made her reply after a user defended the gold medalist, listing her achievements and thought people were being petty dissing her wedding hair. “Simone Biles is one of THEE top gymnasts we’ve ever seen, has overcame situations of abuse and other obstacles in her childhood, has defined her own success and found love and is now happily married … And y’all worried about her hair……?!” the fan wrote.

The four-time gold medalist responded, “I think they also forget I live in HOUSTON, TEXAS, and I sweat those out!! Soon as we stepped outside for pics.” She then added, “But they can keep complaining idc idc idc,” short for “I don’t care.”

simone biles wedding hair

Simone looked gorgeous on her wedding day, wearing a plunging white sleeveless gown with a four-tier layered skirt. She shared an initial carousel of six photos including she and Jonathan holding hands in the courthouse rotunda where a judge in a black robe presided over their ceremony. Only he and the wedding photographer were present for the ceremony.

Jonathan and Simone were also seen having a passionate wedding kiss, and another picture showed the tan-suit wearing groom raising his first in the air in celebration as the pair left the courthouse. “I do. Officially Owens,” the Olympic legend wrote in the caption and has changed her name to Simone Biles-Owens on her social media accounts.

She shared via an Instgram Story the following day that the newlyweds have a much bigger event planned to include family and friends. “We will be having a wedding in a couple weeks. We had to get married ‘legally’ here in the U.S. since our wedding will be a destination wedding,” Simone wrote.

The couple got engaged on Valentine’s Day in 2022 after a year and a half of dating. “THE EASIEST YES. I can’t wait to spend forever and ever with you, you’re everything I dreamed of and more!” Simone captioned a series of Instagram photos of the Houston Texans safety down on one knee proposing in an outdoor gazebo. She added, “Let’s get married FIANCÉ @jowens_3.” Simone also showed off her massive oval-cut diamond engagement ring.

Read next​

TODAY

Simone Biles responds to criticism over her wedding hair​

0:00

0:44

Simone Biles and Jonathan Owens are married! See the photos

Ariana Brockington

Mon, April 24, 2023 at 6:58 PM CDT

Simone Biles is speaking out after some social media users criticized her updo for her wedding.

The four-time Olympic gold medalist announced on Instagram April 22 that she tied the knot with her longtime love Jonathan Owens, 27, in a romantic courthouse wedding ceremony.

Biles uploaded multiple pictures from their special day to Instagram that showed her beaming in a low-cut, tiered wedding gown. She wore her hair in a high ponytail that showed off the dress’s neckline and tied-back details.

While many fans congratulated the happy couple and celebrated their love, some critics questioned the Olympian’s choice in hairstyle.

After a few Twitter users nitpicked Biles’ wedding hair — with one going so far as to suggest she should’ve worn a wig — a number of fans stepped in to praise the legendary gymnast.

“Yall really coming for Simone Biles’s hair at her wedding. She is a young millionaire, a great gymnast, and married to the love of her life. What you got???” one person tweeted.

Others wondered why people were choosing to comment on Biles’ hair instead of her happy union.

One fan retweeted a wedding photo and asked, “Like how could you see this picture and focus on her hair???”

“Simone Biles is a goddess. I look up to her so much and girl I could only wish for her level of beauty,” the fan continued.

Another wrote, “I saw those pics of Simone Biles and my first thought was, ‘Aww she look so happy.’ The fact y’all zoomed in on her edges and hair is so miserable.”

Many pointed out that the 26-year-old’s happiness and the love for her husband should be the main concern on her wedding day.

“Simone Biles is one of THEE top gymnasts we’ve ever seen, has overcame situations of abuse and other obstacles in her childhood, has defined her own success and found love and is now happily married…” read a tweet that has received more than 60,000 likes. “And y’all worried about her hair……?!”

Biles saw the viral tweet and responded with some details about her bouncy updo.

On April 23, she replied, “I think they also forget i live in HOUSTON TEXAS & I sweat those out!!”

Biles shared that her hair was affected by the weather as “soon as we stepped outside for pics.”

But, she did not let the humidity or the negative comments ruin her big day, adding “they can keep complaining (I don’t care).”

Fans responded to Biles and complimented her beauty. They also encouraged her to continue to tune out the negativity.

“Congratulations to you and your husband. Ignore the noise and enjoy your life,” one fan said.

Another wrote, “Girl don’t listen to these haters! You looked so beautiful! Wishing you all the happiness!”

Despite the social media discussion about her hair, Biles spent most of the weekend uploading photos from her intimate nuptials and celebrating becoming Mrs. Owens.

She shared a slideshow on Instagram that included a photo of Owens raising a fist into the air as they left the courthouse together. In another picture, the Houston Texans football player, who wore a tanned suit, dipped his bride and kissed her.

“I do,” she captioned the snaps. “Officially owens.”

She also posted black-and-white photos of the two holding hands and signing their marriage certificate.

“I never knew a love so deep,” she gushed in the caption.

On his page, the NFL athlete uploaded the same snaps. “My person, forever,” he said in the caption before adding the hashtags #TheOwens and #itsofficial.

Fans can expect more loving pictures of the two newlyweds when they say “I do” for a second time in a couple weeks. Biles revealed in an Instagram story on April 23 that the pair are also having a destination wedding.

“We had to get married ‘legally’ here in the us — since our wedding will be a destination wedding,” she said when one fan asked about other wedding plans.

Biles added that their “big wedding” will have between 135 to 140 guests and she expects a few “gym reunions,” implying her Olympic teammates could make an appearance.

In between responding to fans she also made a big change on her Instagram and Twitter accounts. Her name now reads: Simone Biles Owens.

This article was originally published on TODAY.com

View comments

Read next​

People

Simone Biles Proves She’s Unbothered About Haters Commenting on Her Wedding-Day Hairstyle: ‘IDC’​

Michelle Lee

Tue, April 25, 2023 at 1:25 PM CDT

Some social media users were quick to comment on the bride’s edges — and she was just as quick to shut them down

RAETAY PHOTOGRAPHY

RAETAY PHOTOGRAPHY

Simone Biles is not letting anyone dim her just-married glow.

The medal-winning Olympic gymnast, 26, and NFL safety Jonathan Owens, 27, officially tied the knot on Saturday during a quaint courthouse ceremony in Houston.

Biles reveled in the joyous moment on social media alongside her fans, sharing photos of the couple’s intimate nuptials. But, she was met with criticism from internet trolls, who took it upon themselves to comment on her wedding-day hairstyle.

For the occasion, Biles styled her hair into a high ponytail with waves, and haters called out the appearance of her edges, or the hair on her forehead.

RAETAY PHOTOGRAPHY

Twitter users rallied behind Biles, one writing, “There is no way there should be this much discourse around THEE SIMONE BILES natural hair being worn at her wedding.”

Then, the bride herself entered the chat.

In response to another user defending her updo — “Simone Biles is one of THEE top gymnasts we’ve ever seen and y’all worried about her hair……?!” they wrote — the athlete reassured them that she remains unbothered.

“I think they also forget I live in HOUSTON TEXAS & I sweat those out!! soon as we stepped outside for pics but they can keep complaining idc idc idc,” replied Biles.

Related:Simone Biles and Jonathan Owens Are Married! See All the Photos from the Couple’s Intimate Wedding

Related:Simone Biles Reveals Where She Got Her Dress for Her Courthouse Wedding — and It’s Only $119!

Biles still looked glamorous as ever, although, she did admit that she wasn’t as nearly prepared for the local celebration as much as she is for her destination wedding, which will see the athlete in four gowns.

In an Instagram Story posted over the weekend, Biles revealed that her tiered halter-neck gown, as well as her shoes, bouquet and wedding band, were bought off of Amazon the week of.

“Not quite prepared for courthouse ceremony as I am for the big wedding,” she wrote.

Turns out, Biles’ confection from online boutique Selfie Leslie retails for $119 (a steal!). Though, she said her Amazon shoes were “not comfy at all” and she had to switch them out for another pair.

Never miss a story — sign up for PEOPLE’s free daily newsletter to stay up to date on the best of what PEOPLE has to offer, from juicy celebrity news to compelling human interest stories.

RAETAY PHOTOGRAPHY

RAETAY PHOTOGRAPHY

Related:Simone Biles Reveals She’ll Wear 4 Different Dresses for Upcoming Destination Wedding to Jonathan Owens

Biles also revealed that her and Owens’ courthouse “I dos” were planned out of necessity, writing, “We had to get married ‘legally’ in the U.S. — since our wedding will be a destination wedding. We will be having a wedding in a couple of weeks 🤍.”

The newlyweds met on dating app Raya in March 2020 and two years later, Owens proposed to Biles in February 2022 with an oval-shaped diamond set on a diamond pave band designed by ZoFrost.

For more People news, make sure to sign up for our newsletter!

Read the original article on People.

She looks great. Once again there’s a crazy amount of criticism for a black woman’s looks.

Her hair is fine, especially when this is just the budget legal portion of the wedding and not the actual shebang. I’ve seen brides with crappier hair at their huge expensive weddings.

But it seems to be coming from the Black community? Unless it is normal in America for white people to tell black people to lay their edges…

iirc, it was the same when Gabi’s hair was being criticised

iirc, it was the same when Gabi’s hair was being criticised
Almost the same words. Edges. And some very unflattering descriptive words I wouldn’t ever use. Gabby’s mother was criticized too for LETTING her daughter’s hair look the way it did. It’s like athletes share always supposed o look like they are prepared for a photo shoot.

Simone looked gorgeous, and also her ponytail is a statement look now. If I’d won that many world and Olympic gold medals whilst sporting a particular hairdo, I’d probably wear it all the time for good luck!

What are ‘edges’ exactly?
Baby hairs. Laying edges is fairly common (but not universal!) among African American women, particularly those who don’t wear their hair “natural.” Look closely at Jordan Chiles and you’ll see how those fine hairs are carefully styled with gel to lay flat along her hairline.

Chiles-Jordan-GettyImages-1373191688_wR6xS

Last edited:
I think it’s quite common in many communities to be hyper critical/bitter towards someone from that community who becomes successful

I think there is also something weird in our society that expects women to always be as beautiful and skinny/fit as possible and feels justified in denigrating them for not measuring up to perfection (however perfection is defined).

I thought she looked happy and lovely.

How can people take issue with her hair but not her husband’s LACK OF SOCKS
The no socks is in style here in the US.
He likely has socks on, but they are no-show socks which means that they don’t show above the heel and opening of the shoe.
I have several pair that I wear around the house and on occasion with a specific type of dress shoe I wear with shorts.

They are SUPER comfortable.

Those kind of socks can be very comfortable. The bare look for women has been around for a while. I haven’t followed trends for men but it’s not surprising.

Simone is all those things. That’s why some people are taking issue with her not putting hair gel on her toothbrush and running it through her hairline

Reactions: mle
Also, I think they see her as a representative of their community and are hyper vigilant about anything that white people might criticize her for, so criticize first.

Welcome to our Gymnastics Message Board

Members see FEWER ads... so join today

Back