Gymnast Social Media Megathread

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Status
Not open for further replies.
A lot of “fashion” looks stiff, awkward or over the top. I think that cover dress on Simone might be artistic but not anything you, I or most women would actually wear.
I did not even realize it was a dress. I always thought fashion was just silly until, believe it or not I saw The Devil Wears Prada. It’s art that you wear. I got that. Anyway, Simone looks gorgeous.

Last edited:
Adding bulk at the middle never makes you look taller
Simone is so tiny that bulk at the middle doesn't matter
But the look is still odd. From a different angle my husband thought it was supposed to look like chewing gum.
Should've been clearer, I meant the camera angle not the dress. The giant scrunchie sartorial choice seemed bold, but I'm no fashionista.

I know I saw an article wondering where all the donated money has gone but my interest in mary lou is very low.
Mary Lou was before my gymnastics fandom. I read part of the article wondering about the money and "eh 🤷‍♀️"

Don't misunderstand me. It's not cool if the money was misused but that's why I almost never participate in those GoFundMe type of things. If it is not a charity that provides audited statements showing where the money goes I figure that I am gambling with my donation.

Glacial pace is accurate, I rarely watch movies. Don't normally have the attention span for them. but The Devil Wears Prada IS on the list - maybe the heckling/encouragement from this thread will push me to do it this weekend. 😉

A little fluff piece on Courtney McGregor with some information about the NZ Olympic spot.

Due to NZ rules Courtney is not eligible to trial for the Oceania championship team and there is confirmation in a statement that the NZOC will only send an athlete with a proven ability to place in the top 16.

Georgia-Rose Brown is a chance for NZ. She has scored 13.6 on bars at previous World Cups. This may be considered a potential top 16 placement to meet NZOC selection standard. GRB is nominated for Cairo World Cup next month.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Upcoming events

Back