Gymnast Social Media Megathread

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know if I'm going to be able to find the clip again, but there was an interview with Jordan Chiles this weekend about her training progress, and she indicated that she's going for an Amanar and Cheng as her vaults for this upcoming season. Throwing her name into the Carey/Roberson race while also maintaining her position in the solid AA race with DiCello/Wong is a good strategy IMO and could open the door for someone like Zoe Miller, since Chiles would be able to do more heavy lifting in team finals than Carey/Roberson.

It has that awful AI voice over but it includes the part where she is talking about her vault upgrades.

“I couldn’t afford health insurance”. Blames it on her divorce and her 30 orthopaedic surgeries. Why she couldn’t afford it was very nonspecific. Now she has insurance.
The gymnastics world doesn't intersect with the mainstream media a heck of a lot, so I am somewhat surprised at how little people are discussing the interview and Retton's ongoing situation here at Gymnaverse.

Saw this part of the Honda Kotb interview with MLR on TikTok.

I guess the full interview is televised tomorrow.

eta: The interview.

Sounds like when MLR was taken to that local ER, she experienced what so many us of have experienced at ERs and hospitals in general: not being treated or taken seriously.

I don't know if I'm going to be able to find the clip again, but there was an interview with Jordan Chiles this weekend about her training progress, and she indicated that she's going for an Amanar and Cheng as her vaults for this upcoming season. Throwing her name into the Carey/Roberson race while also maintaining her position in the solid AA race with DiCello/Wong is a good strategy IMO and could open the door for someone like Zoe Miller, since Chiles would be able to do more heavy lifting in team finals than Carey/Roberson.

A Cheng and drilled Amanar is Chiles' ticket to Paris, especially if she is able to do all 4 events.

Hopefully they reworked her floor, she did less difficulty in 2022 and was scoring higher internationally.

At this point I have little faith in the Landis ability focus on execution over difficulty.
The Landis entire reputation when it comes to developing existing elites is trading off having taught Simone Biles to do a shap half…

She's going to be Gogeaning into Paris, I can see it now. They'll probably get her to do one after every pass.

Uh oh! Oh Skye... I wish she'd had better Worlds these past two years. This looks fairly good, very piked down but good for this point in the season if she wants to be landing it on hard surfaces by the competition season. I think this would keep her hat in the ring, but it's a crowded ring if the comebacks actually materialize and everyone else shows up in great shape. We shall see.

A lot of “fashion” looks stiff, awkward or over the top. I think that cover dress on Simone might be artistic but not anything you, I or most women would actually wear.

She looks lovely as always, but I really do not get high fashion
Yeah, the balled up comforter (duvet) look never did anything for me. It's also sort of a weird angle for her face--it doesn't look like her (or her as we are used to seeing her) but that is probably high fashion/photography too.

Yeah, the balled up comforter (duvet) look never did anything for me. It's also sort of a weird angle for her face--it doesn't look like her (or her as we are used to seeing her) but that is probably high fashion/photography too.
Might be to make her look taller?

Someone on Reddit mentioned the dress looked like a scrunchy making it appropriate for a gymnast!

I'm not into high fashion, but might look at this issue of VF because on the cover there's mention of an article about The NY Times Spelling Bee game, my daily guilty pleasure.

It's a great shot but if she passed me on the street like that I would have said to myself "she kind of looked like Simone biles"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Back