Gymnast Social Media Megathread

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Status
Not open for further replies.
Simone's husband did an interview where he discussed them getting together and said he didn't know who she was initially . Twitter is aflame.

Such an interesting interview. It’s great to see how he supports Simone and she supports him. I do wish the baby thing wasn’t being pushed here too.

I think that interview is being blown out of proportion. They were just joking around and Simone was there.

Do you mean the outrage on Twitter? I just read several comments saying Jonathan disrespected Simone. By saying he didn’t know who she was when they first messaged? The way i saw it was that he lived in his own world. Plus gymnastics isn’t on everyone’s radar.

If they were upset about there not being more Simone content, well the interview was set up by football people to talk to a football player. It wasn’t for talking about Simone’s career.

I love her but not everything has to be about her.

Last edited:
True that. Just be glad that if/when she gets another olympic medal, the headline will read "Simone Biles wins an Olympic medal" and not "Wife of football player wins an Olympic medal." like it did for a runner who won a medal a few years ago.

Do you mean the outrage on Twitter? I just read several comments saying Jonathan disrespected Simone. By saying he didn’t know who she was when they first messaged? The way i saw it was that he lived in his own world. Plus gymnastics isn’t on everyone’s radar.

If they were upset about there not being more Simone content, well the interview was set up by football people to talk to a football player. It wasn’t for talking about Simone’s career.

Yes, on Twitter, Reddit, Facebook, etc. It's ridiculous. Some of these people are just being cruel. I guess they don't have anything better to do.

Reactions: One
And now those people are digging through everything he ever said on social media to try to make him look like an asshole.

eta what are they going to do, troll storm him? What’s that going to do to Simone? Assholes.

Last edited:
Basically in his interview he said he never heard of Simone Biles before they first met.

Then he later said that "he was the catch", implying Biles was lucky to have married him.

It was very cringe.

Basically in his interview he said he never heard of Simone Biles before they first met.

Then he later said that "he was the catch", implying Biles was lucky to have married him.

It was very cringe.
I mean it was all in jest. Simone didn't have a problem with it. This guy says it better than me:

It’s truly weird how people on Twitter are inserting themselves into a marriage/relationship and projecting their own issues onto it. The couple is smiling and happy and joking with each other. Why can’t people be happy for them instead of picking at it.

I was surprised at Simone tweeting about it over multiple days and extending the shelf life of the whole thing. She must surely have access to good PR expertise, and the last thing you want to do in that situation is drag it out.

That's not what happened. Someone else said it jokingly, and he played along with the joke. Nobody was serious.
You agree with something then it becomes what you say. It might not have been serious, but it came across incorrectly.

Sometimes jokes aren't funny/not everyone likes the joke.

The correct thing to do would have been to reverse it completely.

Obviously Simone doesn't care, but people have reactions especially to very public people. Can you imagine if Travis Kelce said something similar about Taylor Swift? My lord, the Swifties would start World War 3 over it!

Can you imagine if Travis Kelce said something similar about Taylor Swift? My lord, the Swifties would start World War 3 over it!
And if that isn't a condemnation of our social media society, I don't know what is. Who cares who Taylor is dating or Simone is marrying as long as they are happy with the situation and why are the "fans" so damn invested?

Going back to the vaults she was playing with, I'm just sad she didn't tease us with a TTY into the pit.

Saw this part of the Honda Kotb interview with MLR on TikTok.

I guess the full interview is televised tomorrow.

eta: The interview.

Last edited:
“I couldn’t afford health insurance”. Blames it on her divorce and her 30 orthopaedic surgeries. Why she couldn’t afford it was very nonspecific. Now she has insurance.

I don't know if I'm going to be able to find the clip again, but there was an interview with Jordan Chiles this weekend about her training progress, and she indicated that she's going for an Amanar and Cheng as her vaults for this upcoming season. Throwing her name into the Carey/Roberson race while also maintaining her position in the solid AA race with DiCello/Wong is a good strategy IMO and could open the door for someone like Zoe Miller, since Chiles would be able to do more heavy lifting in team finals than Carey/Roberson.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Upcoming events

Back