Gymnast Social Media Megathread

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had a cat photo go viral on Twitter and it almost ruined my life, so I understand what you’re saying lol

A photo of me with a shelter dog as a volunteer at a shelter went viral and it was weird. Like an out of body experience.

Well, shit. I hope she has a speedy recovery in time to be eligible for Japan’s Olympic team qualifiers.
Does that say liked by 250,000 people?? Good lord. I’m not surprised, but man that is a different life.
It’s up to over 2.5 million likes and over 30K comments now.

Interesting considering she didn’t do Worlds this year and we all assumed she was done.

If Wong defers Florida will find itself in a hole.

That was my understanding too, that Kelli was done with elites once Kayla went to college. The “train at home” part of her statement would seem to indicate a return to Hills. Not sure if they have other coaches there doing elite that would train her or if this means Kelli is coming out of retirement

Speaking of Hill’s…looks like they cancelled Dominique Dawes!

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    25 KB · Views: 12
Interesting considering she didn’t do Worlds this year and we all assumed she was done.
Hopefully resting her body and not trying to do elite/ncaa in the same year will help keep her healthy for all of 2024.

Last edited:
Hopefully resting her body and not trying to do elite/ncaa in the same year will help keep her healthy for all of 2024.
Oh it was definitely a smart decision, Tim Daggett just made it seem like if DiCello went to Florida and not go for Worlds that she was done and Kelli also done and retired.

I’m sure they must have hired an elite coach…or…Kelli is going to train her for the next year or so, not a large chunk of time.

Just call her the new Bela… Coach Kelliroli ☺️

Oh wow! I didn’t expect this at all. Big loss for Florida next year. Also Leanne will probably take the year off too.

Extra interesting that she’s not attending this weekend’s national team camp.

I guess we’ll see if Kelli comes back or not, but she had already handed off coaching Hopes to Amy Martelli. Camie Westerman won 13-14 Hopes Championships last year and qualified as junior elite this year–and it was Amy, not Kelli, on the floor at Winter Classic.

Last edited:
Extra interesting that she’s not attending this weekend’s national team camp.
Lee and Chiles are not attending either.
Wong and Carey are.

Roberson isn’t either but she is on assignment at World Cup.

I’m a little surprised Chiles isn’t. Lee, far less so; she’s not a current national team member and we have no idea if she’s been cleared to return to training.

DiCello not attending makes more sense when I looked at the UF calendar. Finals start Monday.

Dawes has publicly accused Hill of unspecified abuse. Hill claims she reached out to Dawes about the accusations but was rebuffed.

Kelli Hill can be petty and vindictive, as evidence by erasing all mention of Dawes from the website.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back