Gabby Douglas Comeback Thread

Welcome to our Gymnastics Message Board

Members see FEWER ads... so join today

Gabby can do all the skills in her bar routine. She doesn't have the endurance, however, to make it through a full set right now. And that takes a while to build up.

Has she given any indication of her plans if she doesn't go to Paris? I'm behind her comeback 100% and know she can get everything together for competitions, but I'm not sure it will be in time to make the Olympic team. I'd love to see her stick with it and maybe go for Worlds next year.

I expected her to flub her first meet of the year. But I did not expect uneven bars to be the problem apparatus.

So the skill choice on bb and fx has been noted to be poor, what should she replace the downgraded skills with?

Remove the 3rd acro pass, Ferrari becomes Switch 1/2, Gogean becomes 1/1 split, and Memmel becomes Double wolf. BB replace the Switch Ring with Switch mount, the Ring jump with a Back tuck, and the Double Pike looks way too insecure so do a Double Tuck instead.

And Gabby has only been to one camp. We have no idea what Gabby showed back in November and what feedback the national team staff was able to give.

Incidentally, Chellsie was in Colombia with the Pac Rims team this weekend.

Every month a national coordinator should be asking to see videos of the top gymnasts in the country (if they weren't already at a camp) and giving feedback. Everyone records themselves training, it shouldn't be hard to get people to send clips of their progress and give advice on the routines. This would be helpful not only for the individuals, but also for each country as a whole to produce the best team possible, making sure top-scoring routines are being developed on each apparatus.

Welcome to our Gymnastics Message Board

Members see FEWER ads... so join today

Back