2024 US national team camps

Welcome to our Gymnastics Message Board

Members see FEWER ads... so join today

RedBirdie

Staff member
Defender
Trying one central place to put all national team camp posts for this year. Maybe it will work, maybe it won't. But, let's kick things off!

USAG posted the roster for the current camp:

Jade Carey and Leanne Wong are absent due to NCAA.

Other current national team members not at camp: Amelia Disidore, Gabrielle Hardy (jr), Shilese Jones, Hezley Rivera, Izzy Stassi, Tiana Sumanasekera, Alicia Zhou.

Also missing are Suni Lee and Gabby Douglas.

Claire Pease and Gabrielle Hardy are the only two current junior national team members--everyone else who was on the junior national team is now a senior. Charleigh Bullock, Lavi Crain, Ally Damelio, Maliha Tressel, and Tyler Turner are all juniors in 2024. There's a bunch of junior meets on the calendar for the first half of this year (Gymnix, Jesolo, Pac Rim, Pan Ams), so I'd guess those 5 are the frontrunners to get assignments and named to the national team.

There's a camp going on right now, I assume USAG will release the attendees list after it's over. From Twitter, it appears the Gabby is not there, while Suni is.

Scott Bregman has an article in Olympics.com about yesterday's training, focused on Suni and Simone.
Gabby has missed the last two camps. I’d bet more than likely Valeri has found a way to injure her.

I’m sad that we aren’t getting g more about a Gabby comeback. If it doesn’t materialise I hope she’s at peace with her unfinished business.

Winter Cup is also the selection event for Gymnix, DTB, and world cups. Gymnix is juniors only, and for WAG Baku World Cup is the only one on the schedule.

Welcome to our Gymnastics Message Board

Members see FEWER ads... so join today

Back