2024 US national team camps

Welcome to our Gymnastics Message Board

Members see FEWER ads... so join today

USAG just posted scores on Twitter
1712105767550.png

Jayla Hang balked her vault. She did successfully show a DTY later. Shame, she would have easily won.

Hezley Rivera had a disaster on bars. I wonder if they'll give her an assignment. So much potential, but she's so inconsistent. She also fell on bars at Winter Cup.

yeesh. Is it really worth the resources to send 12 different gymnasts to Jesolo and Pac Rims? I understand the need to develop talent more, especially as elite careers are peaking later and lasting longer, but this is spreading talent very thin...

6 Seniors each (? maybe some overlap) for Jesolo and Pac Rims, 6 juniors for Jesolo.

The fact that so many gymnasts did not verify makes Gabby's exclusion even more baffling.
I think it's only 3 juniors and 3 seniors for Pacific Rim (unless they don't plan to send juniors). At least that was the case during the last PR, 6 years ago, and the team comp was combined juniors + seniors (3+3) in one team.
The second paragraph - 100% agree.

Yeah, I don't understand why so few in contention for the Olympics are seeking international assignments. Maybe some of them don't want to have a potential bad meet counted against them?

They're announcing the teams tonight:

I think it's only 3 juniors and 3 seniors for Pacific Rim (unless they don't plan to send juniors). At least that was the case during the last PR, 6 years ago, and the team comp was combined juniors + seniors (3+3) in one team.
The second paragraph - 100% agree.
I don't think they have enough juniors to send to both, unless there is some overlap.

Historically, Jesolo has been judged harsher than Pac Rims, hopefully the strongest gymnasts will be sent there.

Yeah, I don't understand why so few in contention for the Olympics are seeking international assignments. Maybe some of them don't want to have a potential bad meet counted against them?
I wonder if the top tier gymnasts and their coaches looked at how Jade and Suni were paced in 2021 and have decided to emulate that. That was basically the plan followed by Shilese Jones last year, to considerable success. And for nearly every gymnast with a legit shot at Paris, they've been senior elites for years now. They have a lot of miles on their bodies and need to train smarter, not harder.

I also have to think that the current elite leadership is far more on board with that strategy.

There's a ton of first and second year seniors who, frankly, aren't remotely in contention for Paris. Give them the spring assignments.

Trinity is really the only exception. She needs the spring experience because she's been away from elite for so long.

Trinity, as much as I love her, is really not in contention for Paris.
I don't think she feels that she is contention for Paris either. I think she wants to do elite because she's not ready to retire with the goal of making Olympic Trials. Addison Fatta seems to be taking a similar approach.

The Paris Olympic Team has the potential to be made of all Olympians/ Olympic alternates:
Chiles, Carey, Suni, Biles, Douglas, Wong and DiCello.

That has never happened before.

Sorry, by Trinity being the exception, I meant to all the first and second year seniors vying for spring assignments.

Oooh, just realized that the Pac Rims assignment means she's been added to the national team! Same with Jayla Hang.

The Paris Olympic Team has the potential to be made of all Olympians/ Olympic alternates:
Chiles, Carey, Suni, Biles, Douglas, Wong and DiCello.

That has never happened before.
I think the only non-Olympian with a chance to sneak in is Skye, who still has been to 2 worlds. They certainly won’t be lacking in experience.

Reactions: LT2

Welcome to our Gymnastics Message Board

Members see FEWER ads... so join today

Back