Gabby Douglas Comeback Thread

Welcome to our Gymnastics Message Board

Members see FEWER ads... so join today

And let's be honest, are any companies knocking on her door to give her money? I haven't seen any commercials or ad campaigns featuring her. Maybe she is hoping for money but after 8 years (?), I would think she's going to have to have some recent results to get companies to
She got a Dr Scholls deal.
Thank you! I knew I saw one and was hunting for it.

Dr. Scholl's® Joins Forces with Gold Medal Gymnast Gabby Douglas to Champion Foot Health and Wellness​

Dr. Scholl's® Joins Forces with Gold Medal Gymnast Gabby Douglas to Champion Foot Health and Wellness

Dr. Scholl's®, the most trusted brand in foot care, announced today an exciting partnership with history-making, three-time gold medalist Gabby Douglas, to share her secrets for keeping her feet in competition-ready shape. This collaboration aims to educate on the importance of proper foot care to serve as the groundwork for success, on and off the mat.
"As an athlete who trains and competes barefooted, I know how important foot care is, and I am so excited to partner with Dr. Scholl's®," says Douglas. "Dr. Scholl's® foot creams, masks, balms and files are essential to my routine! They help soothe, repair and restore my feet in a way that leaves me feeling my best, even after my most intense training sessions."
Through the partnership, Douglas will star in Dr. Scholl's® new marketing campaign, "It Starts with Dr. Scholl's," highlighting the role a strong foundation plays in our overall wellness and ability to live life to the fullest. Douglas will also use her social media channels to educate and inspire her followers to prioritize foot care, recognizing the critical role feet play in gymnastics and her everyday life.
"We are huge fans of Gabby and are honored to have her representing the brand leading up to this summer's competition," said Kate Godbout, CMO at Scholl's Wellness Company. "Her dedication to excellence and top-notch performance is truly inspiring. Together, we're eager to inspire others to prioritize the importance of foot health and overall wellness as well."
Douglas' off-the-mat self-care routine includes the following products:
  • Dr. Scholl's® Severe Cracked Heel Repair Restoring Balm: Douglas' go-to treatment for relieving dry, cracked heels, this balm targets trouble spots that can be uncomfortable. It softens, hydrates and leaves behind a rich, moisturizing layer of protection.
  • Dr. Scholl's® Dry, Cracked Foot Repair Ultra-Hydrating Foot Cream: Ideal for daily use to promote healing, soothing, and restoring dry, cracked feet, Douglas loves its blend of Urea, Epsom Salt, Peppermint and Lavender essential oils to moisturize and provide a relaxing experience every time.
  • NEW Dr. Scholl's® Callus Remover Electronic Foot File is the latest addition to Douglas' footcare regimen when she is on the go or traveling. This electronic foot file removes hardened skin, leaving her feet feeling smooth and comfortable.
  • Dr. Scholl's® Tired, Achy Feet Soothing & Reviving Foot Mask: After a long day on her feet, Douglas prefers to wind down with this self-warming foot mask formulated with Epsom Salt, Menthol and Shea Butter to help relieve her tired, achy feet and leave them feeling amazing.
  • NEW Dr. Scholl's® Rough, Dry Foot Renewal Ultra Overnight Treatment Kit rounds out Douglas' routine to deeply moisturize and nourish her skin, while the comforting foot sleeves continue to restore her feet while she's resting at night.
Learn more about Dr. Scholl's® products and partnership with Gabby Douglas at https://www.drscholls.com/#GabbyDouglas and follow along on social @drscholls_USA (Instagram) and @drscholls_USA (TikTok).

She got a Dr Scholls deal.
Right. An Instagram thing. Is that really a money-maker? She can still get deals as a former athlete. Money being a motivation does not make sense.

For what it's worth, she's still on the start list and there are other athletes that are in Texas that didn't attend the training today.

Thank you! I knew I saw one and was hunting for it.

Dr. Scholl's® Joins Forces with Gold Medal Gymnast Gabby Douglas to Champion Foot Health and Wellness​

Dr. Scholl's® Joins Forces with Gold Medal Gymnast Gabby Douglas to Champion Foot Health and Wellness's® Joins Forces with Gold Medal Gymnast Gabby Douglas to Champion Foot Health and Wellness

Dr. Scholl's®, the most trusted brand in foot care, announced today an exciting partnership with history-making, three-time gold medalist Gabby Douglas, to share her secrets for keeping her feet in competition-ready shape. This collaboration aims to educate on the importance of proper foot care to serve as the groundwork for success, on and off the mat.
"As an athlete who trains and competes barefooted, I know how important foot care is, and I am so excited to partner with Dr. Scholl's®," says Douglas. "Dr. Scholl's® foot creams, masks, balms and files are essential to my routine! They help soothe, repair and restore my feet in a way that leaves me feeling my best, even after my most intense training sessions."
Through the partnership, Douglas will star in Dr. Scholl's® new marketing campaign, "It Starts with Dr. Scholl's," highlighting the role a strong foundation plays in our overall wellness and ability to live life to the fullest. Douglas will also use her social media channels to educate and inspire her followers to prioritize foot care, recognizing the critical role feet play in gymnastics and her everyday life.
"We are huge fans of Gabby and are honored to have her representing the brand leading up to this summer's competition," said Kate Godbout, CMO at Scholl's Wellness Company. "Her dedication to excellence and top-notch performance is truly inspiring. Together, we're eager to inspire others to prioritize the importance of foot health and overall wellness as well."
Douglas' off-the-mat self-care routine includes the following products:
  • Dr. Scholl's® Severe Cracked Heel Repair Restoring Balm: Douglas' go-to treatment for relieving dry, cracked heels, this balm targets trouble spots that can be uncomfortable. It softens, hydrates and leaves behind a rich, moisturizing layer of protection.
  • Dr. Scholl's® Dry, Cracked Foot Repair Ultra-Hydrating Foot Cream: Ideal for daily use to promote healing, soothing, and restoring dry, cracked feet, Douglas loves its blend of Urea, Epsom Salt, Peppermint and Lavender essential oils to moisturize and provide a relaxing experience every time.
  • NEW Dr. Scholl's® Callus Remover Electronic Foot File is the latest addition to Douglas' footcare regimen when she is on the go or traveling. This electronic foot file removes hardened skin, leaving her feet feeling smooth and comfortable.
  • Dr. Scholl's® Tired, Achy Feet Soothing & Reviving Foot Mask: After a long day on her feet, Douglas prefers to wind down with this self-warming foot mask formulated with Epsom Salt, Menthol and Shea Butter to help relieve her tired, achy feet and leave them feeling amazing.
  • NEW Dr. Scholl's® Rough, Dry Foot Renewal Ultra Overnight Treatment Kit rounds out Douglas' routine to deeply moisturize and nourish her skin, while the comforting foot sleeves continue to restore her feet while she's resting at night.
Learn more about Dr. Scholl's® products and partnership with Gabby Douglas at https://www.drscholls.com/#GabbyDouglas and follow along on social @drscholls_USA (Instagram) and @drscholls_USA (TikTok).
A random foot balm deal is definitely not worth like 20 months of elite gymnastics training. I don’t think there’s an issue if money is a motivation for this comeback… but she’s not going to make any substantial money unless she makes the Olympic team and I’m sure she knows it.

As others have said, this training is just in a small gym, it doesn’t seem there were any WOGA Plano girls there and USAG say there have been no changes to the startlist. I guess we just have to wait and see if she’s there.

At this point, I just have to appreciate the longevity of the phrase “where’s gabby”.

Last edited:
I don’t remember seeing anyone mention how Roberson did in training yesterday, was she also not there? She’s another one who is driving distance from the competition.

There’s a two hour open warmup between the juniors finishing and the seniors starting today, perhaps some participants who live in Texas are opting to skip the hotel stay to just do all their training and competing together today instead. Or training at home yesterday and getting to the hotel later in the evening last night, whichever.

It seems she vaulted but there's no report or footage yet. Scott Bregman missed it and the user posting videos hasn't got one of vault thus far.

Good to see her back, hopefully the basic compositional errors will be fixed. The Gogean needs to be taken out of the routine, 99% of people are just hurting their score by trying it these days, and that Ferrari doesn't look worthwhile either, they were exceedingly generous to credit it here (nvm, it didn't get credit). The ring elements on beam don't look like they are going to happen either. She can do the switch ring on floor but all the others are a problem.

A 2-pass floor routine also looks like it might be the best route for her. Getting stamina back for that event is one of the most challenging things to achieve and there's no point in trying to do a 3rd pass just to include a heavily deducted Double Pike as your 4th acro skill, when you can do a lightly deducted Switch 1/2 or Pike 1/1 jump or somesuch instead.

Last edited:
Maybe Covid has impacted her more than they let on but the composition of her fx and beam are baffling I'm also surprised by the bars struggle. It's looking unlikely she'll be a factor this Olympics but let's see what happens in 3 weeks.

IIRC, she wasn't planning to do bars at Winter Cup, so I'm not entirely surprised that bars was such a struggle.

The nonsensical beam and floor routines construction? Totally what I expected from Valeri.

Welcome to our Gymnastics Message Board

Members see FEWER ads... so join today

Back