Gabby Douglas Comeback Thread (New goal: LA 2028)

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

You bench the worst on each event:
VT: Suni
UB: Simone
BB: Jade
FX: Douglas

😉

I would argue that she did enough during the Olympic qualifications to place ahead of Raisman. I’m too lazy to look it up right now, but I remember being shocked when Raisman scored as well as she did on beam. I think the WWGym judging panel agreed with me.

Yeah, she almost fell on beam but got the same score as Gabby. Which basically means the Rio judges were going to give Aly 9+ for a nailed beam routine.

Last edited:
Did Thorsdottir make an appearance in that most frustrating gymnast to watch thread? Asking for a friend…

So she’s officially coming back but she’s still not on the Classic roster?

I honestly don’t understand everyone jumping on the Gabby bandwagon and naming her to the Olympic team unless it is strictly based on sentimentality and not reality. It has been 8 years since her last competition. It’s kind of like Memmel again which also baffled me.
She posted a picture of a leap and video of one skill on bars and has no plans to compete this year. Yet, she’s predicted to be on the team even before she did that.
Oh well, we’ll see. Until or unless she busts out with full routines that are on fire, she’s not even on my radar.

Why does it bother you? When she has competed in the past she has always looked worthy of a spot. Yes, what we have seen is limited, but it looks very good. I don’t see many gymnasts doing those skills that well on UB. Honestly, no one out there has her quality of swing on UB, in my opinion anyways.

honestly don’t understand everyone jumping on the Gabby bandwagon and naming her to the Olympic team unless it is strictly based on sentimentality and not reality. It has been 8 years since her last competition. It’s kind of like Memmel again which also baffled me.
Hi, you must be new here.

She posted a picture of a leap and video of one skill on bars and has no plans to compete this year. Yet, she’s predicted to be on the team even before she did that.
I mean, she posted an E + E combo on bars. Generally a decent indication that someone is not fooling around.

As for people putting her on the team, it’s normal gymternet hype, we’re constantly getting ahead of ourselves. But I actually think she’ll be in the mix if she stays healthy and on track, and would put her chances above Memmel’s in 2021 any day. Douglas appears to have a rare genetic gift for the sport.

This, plus also there are different rules for Americans who are good at bars, and anyone who likes gymnastics enough to be on here knows that. That E plus E combo 12 months before Olympic selection time would be a big deal even if it didn’t come from someone with a superb record of peaking at the right time and being loved by international judges.

This, plus also there are different rules for Americans who are good at bars, and anyone who likes gymnastics enough to be on here knows that. That E plus E combo 12 months before Olympic selection time would be a big deal even if it didn’t come from someone with a superb record of peaking at the right time and being loved by international judges.
Bette Davis Yes GIF

Like her ring leap video to prove she could do it, back in the day, when she did it in isolation with safety paddings but could never do it properly in competition.
Like that?
Why does it bother you that I’m not on the bandwagon and I can’t be the only one?
Different strokes for different folks

Last edited:

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back