Gabby Douglas Comeback Thread (New goal: LA 2028)

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Who the hell is that? And would anyone care what he thinks? What a ridiculous statement.

FFS, she made one medium mistake in EF, he makes it sound like she Brenna Dowelled that routine. She was a clear Top 3 AA and UB gymnast there and absolutely justified her selection to that team.

I have to admit it is quite surreal to see a republican candidate for congress making a comment on Gabby’s comeback.

honestly don’t understand everyone jumping on the Gabby bandwagon and naming her to the Olympic team unless it is strictly based on sentimentality and not reality
No one relearns 2 el grip pirouettes in combination just for fun.

Either she has genetically gifted wrists and shoulders or she has been working them hardcore.

I’ve obviously never done them but I assume they’re quite painful.

If Gabby’s got her inbars, there are endless possibilities

Inbar 1/1 + P Tkachev + Pak EED .3
Chow 1/2 E
Inbar 1/2 to reverse (not sure we saw her do this ever) + Healy + Ling + Ling 1/2 DEEE .3
DLO D
EEEEEEDD 3.8 + 2.2 + .6 = 6.6 (or a 6.5 without the inbar 1/2), 6.7 if she connects Pak + Chow 1/2. She could also drop .1 to do an Endo 1/2 instead of the Ling 1/2

They are, but they also stay with you far more than piked stalder skills, weilers etc and are less affected by growth spurts
I saw this the other day.

Hop to L! We never see this in WAG!

@8:30

I forgot. Can she qualify to Nationals or world selections through camp or does it have to be a non camp event.

I don’t believe there are any more camps between now and nationals.

I forgot. Can she qualify to Nationals or world selections through camp or does it have to be a non camp event.
National Team Camp: July 9-12
US Classic: August 3-6
Nationals: August 24-27
World Team Selection Camp: Sept. 20-23
World Championships: Sept. 30 to Oct. 8
Pan American Games: Oct. 20 to Nov. 5
National Team Camp: Nov. 13-16

This is the schedule for the rest of the season. If you missed this past camp, there are no ways left to qualify to any remaining big 2023 competitions. The next camp is in November, then that’s it for the year. If USA sends anyone to the Swiss Cup or Arthur Gander Memorial again, that’s the earliest we could possibly see Douglas competing elite. Those two meets are typically in November. Otherwise, we won’t see her until 2024.

USAG tweeted this yesterday @noon

then, 48 minutes later

So maybe their news that we have to wait for is that Gabby qualified through camp?

Last edited:
So maybe their news that we have to wait for is that Gabby qualified through camp?
The news was that they extended US Classic from 2 days to 3 days.
Now Senior women have Saturday and the men have Sunday. Originally the senior women and men were supposed to be Saturday, but with the large turn out they had to create more sessions.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back