Gabby Douglas Comeback Thread (New goal: LA 2028)

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Douglas has had a very good streak of staying healthy, I tried to think of a time she was injured but I couldn’t other than what Natalie (mom) mentioned at Olympic Trials.
She had some hamstring issues around 2011 Worlds. Can’t remember if it was before or after.

She had both ankles heavily taped in 2016, but whatever that was didn’t seem to hinder her.

Last edited:
She had some hamstring issues around 2011 Worlds. Can’t remember if it was before or after.

She had both ankles heavily taped in 2016, but whatever that was didn’t seem to hinder her.
Right, none of her nagging injuries caused her to miss competition. Unlike other WOGA athletes under Valeri that became too injured to compete.

Last edited:
Her overall technique is so solid, especially on floor, and she hasn’t really done skills that are too much for her to handle, so I think that lends itself to staying in pretty good health. The biggest concern at this point would probably be her beam dismount. She can do the standard tumbling in her sleep and the DTY was pretty automatic last time around.

She had some hamstring issues around 2011 Worlds. Can’t remember if it was before or after
Before. It happened before nationals, which is why she looked less then ready. Go back and watch her leaps on beam from 2011 nationals and it’s pretty obvious she wasn’t 100%.

It would be a tragedy if she gets broken and can’t try. She’s old enough to know to say no if something isn’t working for her though.

I’m pleased we don’t have little newcomers constantly being replaced by more newcomers.

Last edited:
Im not a Simone fan, but it would be awesome to have a team with 3 AA Olympic Champs. Now if we can get Nastia and Carly back then theres the 5 person team! Having seen both of them in person recently I know thats out of the question, but 3 would be pretty cool. Is there a World AA champ that we could throw in the mix im not remembering?

her 2016 routine would be a 6.2 according to this video

If she added those pirouettes, what would her routine look like?

Why can’t everyone have nice handstands like that?

There’s also Memmel who stays in gymnastics shape at least! She’d have to relinquish her USAG roles, though.

I think it’s time to update the title of this thread to Offical Comeback Announcement 7/13 or something

Let’s keep this thread focused on Gabrielle Douglas since we do have a few other comeback threads and the discussion about Douglas has been extensive.

But if still others come back, new threads or an “Other Comebacks” thread can be started.

Last edited:
That’s what I meant; sorry if it wasn’t clear. Just to update that her comeback was made official instead of saying she’s not on the Classics roster.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back