Gabby Douglas Comeback Thread (New goal: LA 2028)

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Those leaps. Like tell me you work with Anna Liukin, without telling me you work with Anna Liukin.

USAG are f*cking stupid if they don’t schedule a Gabby,Simone and Suni v The World invitational for next spring

Last edited:
YES YES YES FUCK YES!!! I don’t think I’ve been more excited for an Olympic year as I am now.

And those leaps!❤️❤️❤️

We’re going to have an Olympic team with the last three consecutive Olympic AA champions. I thought that was a pipe dream but it’s looking pretty real right now!

Last edited:
I won’t be surprised if she can do a legitimate switch ring for this quad!

If she has inbar, there are only 4 Olympics spots left. Inbar is very valuable in this cycle.

Will be tough for a newcomer to make the team. Simone if anywhere near previous level will take a spot. Jordan, Suni and Jade will be fighting for spots and unless want one busts out a massive AA programme or single score, I can’t see the younger ones getting in.

It would look like Jade and Jordan would be the ones battling out for the last spot.

VT: Gabby/Shilese, Simone, Jade/Jordan
UB: Shilese, Gabby, Suni
BB: Simone/Shilese, Gabby, Suni
FX: Shilese, Simone, Jade/Jordan

I really miss 7-person teams right now.

Last edited:
I am sure I read that Trinity Thomas is going for 2024 too. Unless I was dreaming.

Jade needs to clean up her landings, because Jordan was looking really strong on floor and vault at 2022 Worlds.

For sentimental reasons I want Jade to get an Olympic team medal and a shot at vault redemption . . . but Jordan has really been improving faster and is probably the better choice based on what we have seen so far.

Props to Gabby for keeping this all under wraps until she’s ready to go public. Seems her previous experience must have affected her pretty badly. Happy to see she still has love for the sport and can come back on her own terms.

Can you imagine an Olympic team with the last 3 AA champions on it??? I have a lot of doubts about Valeri keeping Gabby healthy and Suni staying healthy in general, but sweet Jesus that would be amazing. Gabby looks incredible.

Correct. Though I don’t think she’s even close to being a frontrunner for the fifth spot.

Jade needs to clean up her landings, because Jordan was looking really strong on floor and vault at 2022 Worlds.
We also know Jordan has been training a Cheng that looked almost competition ready.

I have a lot of doubts about Valeri keeping Gabby healthy
Douglas has had a very good streak of staying healthy, I tried to think of a time she was injured but I couldn’t other than what Natalie (mom) mentioned at Olympic Trials.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back