FX EF INQUIRY (Jordan Chiles Stripped Of Bronze Medal/USAG launches appeal)

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Status
Not open for further replies.
So if it is D, and not E, does it mean the Romanian delegation failed to file an appropriate inquiry when they saw the ND?
They filed an inquiry for Voinea. You can only enquire the D panel, who are responsible for taking NDs

When you file an inquiry, are ND considered as part of that process? The narrative (which may not be the rules) in previous competitions has always been that you can't inquiry a ND, because it is considered separately from the D score (which is what you are inquiring, even if the D panel also oversees NDs)

They filed an inquiry for Voinea. You can only enquire the D panel, who are responsible for taking NDs
So not sure about this one, or if this language mean something other than an inquiry.

Attachments

• IMG_1913.jpeg
    IMG_1913.jpeg
    192.2 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_1914.jpeg
    IMG_1914.jpeg
    43.1 KB · Views: 18
Right, so to clarify, even thought NDs controlled by D panel, it cannot be disputed because it is not part of the D score. Is that correct?

But if you tried to make it the basis for an enquiry about your D score, that could perhaps be denied because it's not technically D?
It is technically D. You can’t appeal all NDs, but you can with an out of bounds

and Romania timely submitted an inquiry for the ND and it was rejected? Sorry, as I haven't been following a play by play sequence of this all unfolding. Appreciate your explanation.
I think that Rejected just means unsuccessful, it doesn’t mean they refused to look at it

Catalina Ponor apparently posted on Facebook that Jordan’s Gogean was fully rotated. 🫠
She would say that.

That would make the ranking

1 Poor victimized Sabrina if they cancel the ND
2 Jordan Chiles with legitimate enquiry granted
3 Ana Barbosu who had the temerity to try to stay far away from Ponor and friends after months of bullying

I could be swayed either way on the Gogean and the ND, but Ponor's opinion isn't worth having. She has been part of the problem for Romania, this quad.

I have only judged line once seated off podium and I can tell you it's absolutely awful, even worse than being on the floor. The video you get is not at all from a good viewpoint and AFAIK the video provided for the inquiry is the same. I have my problems with the WTC but I can assure you they don't get the multiview videos we get in retrospect. I suspect the Chiles video might have shown the Gogean from the side with her turning away which makes it very hard to tell and probably resulted in a "when in doubt, let's give the DV".

I absolutely disagree with the decision but it's not as easy as it looks.

I have only judged line once seated off podium and I can tell you it's absolutely awful, even worse than being on the floor. The video you get is not at all from a good viewpoint and AFAIK the video provided for the inquiry is the same. I have my problems with the WTC but I can assure you they don't get the multiview videos we get in retrospect. I suspect the Chiles video might have shown the Gogean from the side with her turning away which makes it very hard to tell and probably resulted in a "when in doubt, let's give the DV".

I absolutely disagree with the decision but it's not as easy as it looks.
I agree that tie goes to the gymnast, which makes it even more baffling concerning Voinea’s OOB.

Could it be the case that Romania didn't actually appeal the ND but appealed the D score? Voinea was credited with a 6.2 D in prelims but only 5.9 in EF. So they may have appealed for an element that wasn't credited rather than the ND and only realised after the event about the ND. In real time it looked like her final leap pass might have been iffy.

The fact that the former gymnasts are going into bat for Voinea and not Barbosu is just symbolises the ongoing bullying that Barbosu has faced from the Romanian "old school" that even saw Ponor removed from PT at worlds last year.

I think it would be a mistake to start altering results after the competition. I mean they refused to do it in the Hamn/Yang case where the error cost Yang AA Gold.

Nadia's mad.

I take that back. Nadia was BIG MAD.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back