FX EF INQUIRY (Jordan Chiles Stripped Of Bronze Medal/USAG launches appeal) PART 2

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Are we to understand that Cecile asked for an inquiry at 47 seconds, but the official didn’t record it until 17 seconds later? Since time is of the essence here, it seems like they need to find a way to expedite the process officially acknowledging an inquiry.

I must say, of all the arguments in Jordan's favour, which are many, I find this the weakest. She is a multiple Olympic medalist and multiple world medalist, also individually in that case. I guess the medal means a lot to everybody but if we're just going on what they have accomplished, Jordan has the weaker argument there to me. I'm sure it feels like shit now tho.
Not just weak, it’s irrelevant. Olympic medals are not awarded on the basis of how much they mean to an athlete.

Are we to understand that Cecile asked for an inquiry at 47 seconds, but the official didn’t record it until 17 seconds later? Since time is of the essence here, it seems like they need to find a way to expedite the process officially acknowledging an inquiry.

All we know is USAG thinks they have a video proving she inquired at 47 seconds. Unless they release the video, we only know what they believe to be true.

My understanding is, there was a procedure under which the time gets filed, and that's the time they're using. I'd be curious to see that vid too cause, seeing how this all went, who knows. But i think they're sticking to as many official procedures as they can, which generally I'd say it's the right way, it's just hard to trust these particular people.

Not just weak, it’s irrelevant. Olympic medals are not awarded on the basis of how much they mean to an athlete.
Of course, I can't speak for @onodian but I what I meant, I would love if both Ana and Jordan get bronze. And I understand, while Jordan is an Olympic champion ('24) and silver medalist ('20), an individual medal doesn't mean less to her just because she already has two from TF (plus, all her teammates but Hezly are individual Olympic champions, and multi medallist).
I certainly didn't mean "It should be awarded to her because it's important to her"

Yeah I understand it means a lot to her, I just think if that's the argument, imagine barbosu who has literally no senior world level medals and also was going thru freaking hell this year what with the getting bullied out of gymnastics and shit. I just feel it's hard for me to take Jordan's side purely on that argument. But like jaja said, it's a moot point anyways, so let's discuss it for way too long and nobody change their minds ever.

Just a warning: there are only 3 hours left to watch Peacock WAG Paris replays.
Fun fact: I actually think Maneca-Voinea stepped OOB during quals, after her second pass. She didn't get ND, and it wouldn't have changed anything if she did (she would still make EF with 13.7, and we would still have 9-gymnasts FX EF with Barbosu and Kishi tied for 8th). But still, I think it's right thing to call OOB when in doubt.
(I am not proud of myself, but I admit I so enjoy the fact that old Voinea, whose hobby is to fill an inquiry after inquiry, couldn't do it right when it mattered).

Wow. BBC replays are available for 4 months, Eurosport for even longer. They only just took down the Toyko coverage in the last couple of months
I found this explanation:
"For those wondering why women’s and rhythmic gymnastics videos get pulled down, it’s due to music copyright issues. NBC got sued in 2022 by a band whose music was used in figure skating. The lawsuit was settled, and since then, replays of events with music have mostly been pulled down off of Peacock within a few days of the end of the event. My understanding is that NBC is not willing to pay for the license that would allow the replays to stay up longer."

I found this explanation:
"For those wondering why women’s and rhythmic gymnastics videos get pulled down, it’s due to music copyright issues. NBC got sued in 2022 by a band whose music was used in figure skating. The lawsuit was settled, and since then, replays of events with music have mostly been pulled down off of Peacock within a few days of the end of the event. My understanding is that NBC is not willing to pay for the license that would allow the replays to stay up longer."
way to ruin it for everyone stupid band no one ever heard of before or after.

Also, blows for Jordan. She shouldn't have to pay the price for FIG incompetence while they just swan on with their jobs.

1000006198.jpg

They actually could have kept Jordan's score after the inquiry and also give Ana another bronze.
There is a precedent for it, 2022 Olympics ski cross, and the two women also didn't cross the finish line at the same time.

So here, something along the lines: Mistake was made when an inquiry was accepted too late. However, since Ms. Chiles was already awarded the bronze, her score won't change and Ms. Barbosu, who was directly affected by that mistake, will be awarded a bronze medal as well. So we will have a tie for third place, with scores of 13.766 and 13.700.

Everyone would be happy, except of Voinea's mob (but again, old Voinea could have challenged that ND and she didn't, so it's her fault).

BUt of course, it didn't happen and wont happen because.... FIG...

They actually could have kept Jordan's score after the inquiry and also give Ana another bronze.
There is a precedent for it, 2022 Olympics ski cross, and the two women also didn't cross the finish line at the same time.

So here, something along the lines: Mistake was made when an inquiry was accepted too late. However, since Ms. Chiles was already awarded the bronze, her score won't change and Ms. Barbosu, who was directly affected by that mistake, will be awarded a bronze medal as well. So we will have a tie for third place, with scores of 13.766 and 13.700.

Everyone would be happy, except of Voinea's mob (but again, old Voinea could have challenged that ND and she didn't, so it's her fault).

BUt of course, it didn't happen and wont happen because.... FIG...
The FIG is a disgrace but from what I've read, it seems like the IOC are the organisation refusing to grant multiple medals?

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back