2024 Winter Cup

2024 Winter Cup

Welcome to our Gymnastics Message Board

Members see FEWER ads... so join today

This place always empties out after worlds. The whole gymternet is quieter in winter, but I think part of the reason we particularly see it here is the age profile of the forum. A lot of posters here are at the life stage where you're juggling a lot of things, so taking a week fairly easy for worlds means people have a big shit backlog to catch up on after!
I think it’s quite chicken and egg. Does it empty out because there’s nothing going on and no new posts. Or are there no new posts because everyone is busy. I think the former is more likely. Then people get out of the habit of checking regularly. Especially where we have a core group of about 30 contributors

I think it’s quite chicken and egg. Does it empty out because there’s nothing going on and no new posts. Or are there no new posts because everyone is busy. I think the former is more likely. Then people get out of the habit of checking regularly. Especially where we have a core group of about 30 contributors
Yeah could be. I knew it'd get busy once all the pre-Olympic stuff started to kick in either way.

I wish there were junior competitions post-Olympics, like a little preview of the next quad showcasing rising seniors. But I imagine the federations have depleted their annual budget by the end of the Olympics.

And none of your names say/said "staff member" or mod, so who exactly are you to direct how conversations go?
Really?
Really???
A little extra aren't we?
The question was why has the thread turned into something that has absolutely nothing to do with the title of the thread? Simple question that doesn't warrant all this saltiness.

The only person being salty and extra has been you. Your simple question was answered and you came back telling people to start a new thread. I pointed out that you do not run this board, so your command is out of place. Others have commented that thread derailments have been a normal occurrence on gymternet boards for a very long time. It doesn't warrant you having such a conniption.

The only person being salty and extra has been you. Your simple question was answered and you came back telling people to start a new thread. I pointed out that you do not run this board, so your command is out of place. Others have commented that thread derailments have been a normal occurrence on gymternet boards for a very long time. It doesn't warrant you having such a conniption.
That's not salty. That's logical. Questioning how long I have been here and all the other stuff is salty.
Moving on...

I wish there were junior competitions post-Olympics, like a little preview of the next quad showcasing rising seniors. But I imagine the federations have depleted their annual budget by the end of the Olympics.
Yes but it would be a much better time to host junior worlds. The autumn of the Olympic year, then again 2 years later

Really?
Really???
A little extra aren't we?
The question was why has the thread turned into something that has absolutely nothing to do with the title of the thread? Simple question that doesn't warrant all this saltiness.
You are making drama out of nothing, a witty remark said in jest. No one is “questioning” how long you’ve been here because frankly, no one cares.

This place always empties out after worlds. The whole gymternet is quieter in winter, but I think part of the reason we particularly see it here is the age profile of the forum. A lot of posters here are at the life stage where you're juggling a lot of things, so taking a week fairly easy for worlds means people have a big shit backlog to catch up on after!
Yep, it just seemed emptier than usual. I’ve been here for many years and this felt different. I think a part of it was due to Doug’s absence as well. I much prefer this forum to the Twitter/Reddit crowds so I’m just excited to see so much activity here again.

I'm wondering if we should do a separate forum for "rewatching/rediscussing".
In terms of organization. You know me, Mr. Organized!
Gymn Nostalgia perhaps?

I think it’s a good idea. It might encourage more discussion, since stuff about the past doesn’t always easily fit into the forum. I would definitely post more, so it’s a win win really 😂

I disagree. Podium training counts just as much as the meet, in February.
The bars and beam she showed in podium would give her an outside chance at the team, sure. But she would be relying heavily on contingencies rather than her own merits.

Welcome to our Gymnastics Message Board

Members see FEWER ads... so join today

Back