2024 Winter Cup

2024 Winter Cup

Welcome to our Gymnastics Message Board

Members see FEWER ads... so join today

China did medal at the two team worlds in the 2009-2012 quad. They were 3rd in team qualifying in London. But they underperformed on beam and to a lesser extent floor in finals while Romania hit lights out.

It's an Olympic year, so we will organically revisit previous Olympics. I do recall saying some time ago that we were about due to go over the 2008 AA again.

And the Winter Cup was a little underwhelming, especially since some of what we were hoping to see didn't pan out.

It's an Olympic year, so we will organically revisit previous Olympics. I do recall saying some time ago that we were about due to go over the 2008 AA again.

And the Winter Cup was a little underwhelming, especially since some of what we were hoping to see didn't pan out.
Hi. You must be new to gymnastics forums.
Then start a new thread
BTW: I have been here through 3 or more name and/or url changes. Been here longer than most.

I recall there was some sort of vague plan to do rewatch discussions before WWGym borked.
Yes I think that was in the early days of Covid. I might have a look on YouTube, see what’s there that’s a decent quality of video that people might want to discuss. Have it ready to go for September once Olympic discussion has died down

.I wonder if there would be sufficient interest in having a sort of weekly rewatch and discuss schedule. Old meets to take us through from September until the NCAA season starts. Post Olympic winters are bleak on the gymnternet
I would love this. I have no issue debating 1991 and 1992’s All Arounds ad nauseum.
Then start a new thread
BTW: I have been here through 3 or more name and/or url changes. Been here longer than most.

This is the oddest hill I’ve ever seen someone die on. If you’ve been around so long, you should realize that thread derailments are kind of the best part of message boards. The old WWGYM had a 64 page thread about Skinner in 2013 that derailed into a bunch of people lusting over a man in an Arizona Public Access Television clip about a local school. Why would we want it any other way?

Yes I think that was in the early days of Covid. I might have a look on YouTube, see what’s there that’s a decent quality of video that people might want to discuss. Have it ready to go for September once Olympic discussion has died down
Maybe start with the more contentious competitions and we can poll which ones to rehash first?

I would love this. I have no issue debating 1991 and 1992’s All Arounds ad nauseum.

This is the oddest hill I’ve ever seen someone die on. If you’ve been around so long, you should realize that thread derailments are kind of the best part of message boards. The old WWGYM had a 64 page thread about Skinner in 2013 that derailed into a bunch of people lusting over a man in an Arizona Public Access Television clip about a local school. Why would we want it any other way?

It's threads like those that make me sad we lost all the data from WWGym. Some fantastic discussions were had on there.

I’m so happy to see people communicating on this board. This place was on life support a few months ago.
This place always empties out after worlds. The whole gymternet is quieter in winter, but I think part of the reason we particularly see it here is the age profile of the forum. A lot of posters here are at the life stage where you're juggling a lot of things, so taking a week fairly easy for worlds means people have a big shit backlog to catch up on after!

Maybe start with the more contentious competitions and we can poll which ones to rehash first?

It's threads like those that make me sad we lost all the data from WWGym. Some fantastic discussions were had on there.
Yes it really is a huge loss. We had everything as it played out in real time, from the Beijing quad onwards. It would be fascinating to look back at, just as the Gymn-L lists are

Welcome to our Gymnastics Message Board

Members see FEWER ads... so join today

Back