2024 US Nationals WAG Day 2 Session 2

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

I mean, she's not more inconsistent than the rest of the gymnasts. Yes, she made mistakes at Worlds, but when she's this good you can't keep her off of the team short of a meltdown at Trials.
Yeah, with that vault, she is bringing a built-in buffer for a BB fall.

How many make the national team? Presumably they are automatically invited to trials

Suni into fourth. Biles, Blakely, DiCello, Lee, Chiles are the top 5.

Looking at average scores from Classics and Nationals mathematically the best scoring team is:

Biles (VT, UB, BB, FX)
Jones (VT, UB, FX)
Lee (UB, BB)
Blakely (VT, BB)
Lincoln (FX)

Looking at max scores from Classics and Nationals mathematically the best scoring team is:

Biles (VT, UB, BB, FX)
Jones (UB, FX)
Lee (UB, BB)
Blakely (VT, BB)
Chiles (VT, UB, FX)
*Lee and Chiles have the same max UB score, so they tie for the 3rd UB spot

Neither of these are the teams I would personally pick, but thought it was interesting to look at the math.

I don’t especially trust Skye to hit beam at the Olympics, but I do believe she’s going to make herself impossible to leave home, and I also would love a Skye-Shi-Suni BB TF rotation even if that includes a Skye fall and even though we all know Simone will be going.

I don’t especially trust Skye to hit beam at the Olympics, but I do believe she’s going to make herself impossible to leave home, and I also would love a Skye-Shi-Suni BB TF rotation even if that includes a Skye fall and even though we all know Simone will be going.
I still say wait for Trials

Lmao I love that the entertainment while waiting for awards is watching the therapy dog chase tennis balls across the floor exercise mat.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back