2024 Core Hydration Classic

2024 US Classic: Hartford

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Gabby and Simone both had rough second Olympics (for different reasons). But both of them mentioned being aware of what was said about them online and caring about it. :cry: It's not good to be too much online.
It can be absolutely poisonous. Ignore ignore ignore. These are all over the top talented athletes. As for that article about Suni what was that writer/reporter thinking? That article could have been written in so many ways and she seems to have chosen to play into Suni's deepest insecurities. Maybe unintentional . . . .but wicked never the less imo

It seems Leanne Wong on FX is going for a 6.0D routine with 3 passes (Silivas, Double Layout, Dos Santos + stag) and hopefully no L-turn. She's trying a Switch Leap mount + Switch 1/2 on BB. No upgrades on UB.

Marta may have made everyone go all out all the time but the gymnasts are playing it smarter than that. Besides, older bodies can’t take the pounding as much.

Suni needs to show she can do a routine though. If she can't do a routine now, that's not good news. Everyone has been harping on Gabby being able to get through a routine.

Another change I noticed on the start list is that Kayla DiCello is now rotating in the group with Gabby, Skye, and Kaliya.

Gabby and Simone both had rough second Olympics (for different reasons). But both of them mentioned being aware of what was said about them online and caring about it. :cry: It's not good to be too much online.
With both Gabby and Simone, the backlash was so intense, extremely personal and they both had nasty high profile individuals going after them and whipping up their followers to turn it into a culture war talking point. I think it's pretty much impossible to avoid it, really, when you've got republican politicians and Piers Morgan going after you..

I think the nonsense Suni received might have been a bit more from within the gym community. Either way, it must be so difficult to go from being in a minority sport with minimal exposure to suddenly having to deal with so many opinions.

Juniors have started! I'm stuck watching a little league baseball game, but scores are popping up.

49.5 is the junior qualifying score. That's a 12.375 average.

I don't know who everyone is (and I am trying to do some cleaning at the same time) but the arena is empty. Did Saturday sell out?

Were there any plans to judge along with session 2? I always like seeing what the knowledgeable people here give as scores.

Also, dislike the side detail on buckeye's leo. Too much is too much people.
Aw, mummywrap? I wanted cookieface.
So Charleigh's parents couldn't decide between Charlotte and Carly so they cut the difference?

Last edited:
Looks like the way they sold tickets did impact attendance.

Jesus the spirit of Courtney McCool entered Lavi on that dismount. Completely pung out in the bottom, just barely got a single flip around. She got up but looked very shaken. I hope she's okay.

I just got home and was opening the live scoring when Lavi Crain fell on UB. What happened? I tabbed back over and she was crying. Did she get hurt or was she just upset that she missed?

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back