2023 US Classic (Pre Meet and WAG Juniors Discussion)

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Yes.
Originally it was supposed to be two days. August 4-5 but now it includes Sunday in order to accommodate the large number of men.

So Aug 4 is Hopes and Junior Women
Aug 5 is senior women
Aug 6 is junior and senior men

The USAG announcement states that tickets that were purchased for the “sold out” women’s evening session will cover both sessions
The announcement also says that tickets purchased for the men’s competition on Saturday will be honored Sunday.

Last edited:
Every session, except Hopes, will be on Peacock or USAG YouTube

Live Streaming​

All men’s and women’s routines, streams and broadcasts will be uploaded to the USA Gymnastics YouTube channel at the conclusion of competition.

Live results links will be placed on the Results page closer to competition date.

ALL TIMES CT and subject to change

Thursday, August 3
12-4:30 p.m. – Men’s podium training: USA Gymnastics YouTube
5-7:30 p.m. – Junior Women’s podium training: USA Gymnastics YouTube

Friday, August 4
8-11:30 a.m. – Women’s Podium Training: USA Gymnastics YouTube
2-4:30 p.m. – Hopes Championships: FlipNow.tv subscription or pay-per-view for $9.99
7-9:30 p.m. – Junior Women: USA Gymnastics YouTube

Saturday, August 5
1-3 p.m. – Senior Women Session 1: Peacock
7-9 p.m. – Senior Women Session 2: Peacock

Sunday, August 6
10:45 a.m.-1:30 p.m. – Men Session 1: USA Gymnastics YouTube
4:45 p.m.-7:30 p.m. – Senior Men Session 2: USA Gymnastics YouTube

So, Peacock for the women’s session . . . Does anyone have recent experience watch gymnastics replays on Peacock? I know their figure skating coverage has a very limited viewing window and then competitions are removed. (I think it is a music rights issue.)

It says the whole broadcast will go on USAG’s YouTube after the meet ends, so it would probably be easier to just watch replays there.

Here’s last years full broadcast, for example:

Last edited:
Peacock didn’t do replays for Worlds, so just keep that in mind!
Originally they stated on Twitter that they would have replays and many people subscribed only to find out that NBC/Peacock changed that last minute.

Not sure if US Classic will have replays, they had the US Classic available on replay in 2022.

Last edited:
My parents’ internet works fine, but the guilt tripping for not spending time with them is next level!

Are y’all really gonna pretend you care more about your family than Simone Biles?

Are y’all really gonna pretend you care more about your family than Simone Biles?
Awkward Cringe GIF by The Only Way is Essex

Peacock did change the policy in time for figure skating worlds. Replays still aren’t forever, but you could watch them up to a couple days after the event.

Sports streaming really is in a dreadful state and relying on promised replays is dicey. I hardly ever get to watch gymnastics live so when I do get the chance, I’m almost too nervous to enjoy the experience.

(As an aside, my baseball team made the playoffs last year and we never could figure out the right configuration of MLB/ESPN/Fox/other network subscriptions to be sure we could watch. I’m still bitter.)

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back