2023 US Classic (Pre Meet and WAG Juniors Discussion)

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

If Suni’s added, I assume it will be the evening session beam group, since that’s the small group at that time point.

If Suni’s added, I assume it will be the evening session beam group, since that’s the small group at that time point.
Makes sense in that she will start on beam, and end on bars.
No VT/FX this year (per Gymcastic) so having her in the start of the meet and end would suite TV.

I just realized Leanne Wong is NOT rotating with GAGE! Maybe she has finally fully broken free. Maybe there’s hope for her routine construction after all.

I just realized Leanne Wong is NOT rotating with GAGE! Maybe she has finally fully broken free. Maybe there’s hope for her routine construction after all.
Fingers crossed.
I also wonder if the draw was done because the main group in on bars sans DiCello (BB), Blakely (VT), Carey (VT).
So they can follow that main group from event to event, pp in Blakely, Carey, DiCello, and Suni (if added).
We don’t know what the line ups are yet do we? I don’t think all of the nationals qualifiers will all do all around.

A little disappointed MDJDS is not in the main group, especially since she is an Olympian.

The draws are out, but currently have all athletes on all events.

Although now USAG is saying start lists aren’t finaL and Suni is expected to be added in the coming days. All so strange.

It might be that they split WCC so they didn’t have an entire rotation to that gym and the coaches didn’t have to try to be split between two apparati during the same session

Yeah, I skipped a summer gymnastics practice to watch the 2004 women’s AA on a European livestream. I remember it distinctly because I was shaking like mad during Carly Patterson’s beam routine.

Update with Suni.

IMG_7575

IMG_7576

Last edited:
I wonder how GAGE managed to get their entire squad registered. IIRC they were not on the entry list USAG published which was supposedly closed 18 days ago. They were only registered for American Classic. Not that I think it’s impossible for USAG to accidentally have left an entire team off that had actually registered, but it’s certainly interesting that they’ve been making so many clerical errors in the run-up to Classic.

I wonder how GAGE managed to get their entire squad registered. IIRC they were not on the entry list USAG published which was supposedly closed 18 days ago. They were only registered for American Classic. Not that I think it’s impossible for USAG to accidentally have left an entire team off that had actually registered, but it’s certainly interesting that they’ve been making so many clerical errors in the run-up to Classic.
USAG seems to be messy right now making multiple errors. They also left off Fatta and Jones from the original entry list.

Maybe the person who usually does this stuff is out sick.

Qualification scores to nationals have been lowered. 49.50 juniors and 50.50 for seniors.

It wasn’t clear by the minutes, but are the new qualification scores retro-active? I.e. - do they apply also to the American Classic? Since the IEC meeting was on the 18th, in theory, they should only apply to anything from the date voted upon and forward - unless an extraordinary rule is applied.

It wasn’t clear to me, either. Since they don’t publish resolution language with the minutes, impossible to know one way or another

I am sure the are retro-active, as they are now listed in 2023 Elite Qualification chart.

So two more juniors (Tyler Turner and Charleigh Bullock), and senior Michelle Pineda qualified through American Classic.

ETA: looks like 2 Event score was also lowered? Wasn’t it 27.00 previously? So even more gymnasts qualified through July camp.

Last edited:
Reactions: LT2

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Upcoming events

Back