2023 US Classic (Pre Meet and WAG Juniors Discussion)

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

I’d love to see her do this beam routine:

Switch leap mount + switch leap + switch leap 1/2 DCD .3
Free walkover + split jump + straddle DBB .2
FF + loso + loso BCC .2
Mitchell E
Free cartwheel D
FF + bhs + full-in BBG .1
Don’t like that mount series, would probably be lots of deductions for Simone and almost never get full connection credit.

I’d like to see LOSO mount, keep the Switch leap + Switch 1/2 + Back pike series, and get rid of the standalone aerial cartwheel.

Don’t like that mount series, would probably be lots of deductions for Simone and almost never get full connection credit.

Black did it and got full connection. Biles is incredibly quick on beam, I don’t think she’d have an issue with it

It was tempting until I realized for a little bit more, I would go to Worlds.

It’s been like that for Trials since 2004 … well, for Women’s (I can never sell my men’s tix).

Can’t wait! Worlds and Trials!

Somehow, USAG has managed to wrangle a sponsor for Classic and it will now be known as the Core Hydration (Secret) Classic.

Senior women now split into 2 sessions
Women who were part of the U.S. team at the World Championships or Olympic Games will compete Saturday evening
Saturday, August 5
Tickets previously purchased for the sold-out women’s evening session will cover both sessions.
1-3 p.m. – Senior Women Session 1
7-9 p.m. – Senior Women Session 2

There’s 41 women registered. 2 sessions of 20 is a lot easier to manage. No doubt it’s partially driven by TV.

I figure evening session will be the world and Olympians (including Melanie and Lexi Zeiss), plus the 10 seniors they expect to do best. Pan Am team plus Sullivan and Mueller because they went to DTB. Then Myli Lew and Dulcy Caylor for finishing 1-2 at American Classic.

So that was probably the “secret announcement” USAG Twitter teased yesterday. They were going to announce it last evening but decided to wait for next week once July camp was over.

So that would be
Biles, Lee, Carey, Chiles, Wong, DiCello (Tokyo)
Blakely, Jones, Zeiss, Fatta (Liverpool)

Only 10?

I suspect Robin is correct, that more will added like Sumanasekera, Miller, Roberson, Matthews, and a few others.

Unless USAG only wants 10 and puts them into Two groups of five and alternate them? But I don’t know that they would do a session with just 10.

ETA: Forgot MDJDS so that’s 11.

Last edited:

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back